Digital TV News: MediaKind
MediaKind to power live events broadcasting on Oi's IPTV services
Sep 8, 2021 – MediaKind has announced that Brazilian telco Oi has deployed its video contribution solution to deliver live events across its IPTV services in high quality with low latency.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi, Luciano Oliveira, André Ituassú, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
NAB Show to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Aug 18, 2021 – All attendees and participants at NAB Show 2021 wll be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. According to the organizers, there is a strong eagerness among the NAB Show community to return in person.
News categories: NAB Show, COVID-19, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
MediaKind launches end-to-end DTC solution for content owners
Jun 30, 2021 – MediaKind has announced the launch of MediaKind Engage, an end-to-end cloud-native direct-to-consumer (DTC) solution for video contribution, production, streaming, and audience engagement.
News categories: MediaKind, Allen Broome, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
Jun 24, 2021 – MediaKind has announced that Altice Portugal's MEO has deployed MediaKind's low-latency streaming solution to enhance its live coverage of the Union of the UEFA European Championship this summer.
News categories: MediaKind, Altice Portugal, MEO, Damien Montessuit, José Pedro Nascimento, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal
Telefónica selects MediaKind processing for Movistar+ VOD content
May 26, 2021 – MediaKind has been selected by Telefónica to enhance the VOD offerings of Movistar+ in Spain. MediaKind's Aquila On-Demand will provide asset processing for Movistar+’s on-demand OTT and IPTV content.
News categories: MediaKind, Telefónica, Stuart Boorn, Eugenio Lojo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Spain
Tangerine Global and MediaKind launch TV-as-a-Service offering
Mar 31, 2021 – Tangerine Global and MediaKind have announced the availability of CITRUS MediaFirst TVaaS (TV-as-a-Service). Vubiquity will provide the content of over 300 channels integrated into CITRUS MediaFirst.
News categories: MediaKind, Tangerine Global, Amdocs, Steve Payne, Greg Pasetta, Raman Abrol, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
MediaKind delivers 4K UHD content for BTV in China
Mar 10, 2021 – MediaKind is working with NDT on the delivery of recorded 4K content for BTV's winter sports channel. MediaKind has provided encoding and decoding solutions enabling the first provincial 4K UHD channel on satellite in China.
News categories: MediaKind, NDT, Narayanan Rajan, Wang Tong, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
Mar 1, 2021 – MediaKind has integrated Dolby Vision technology within its encoding portfolio, enabling users of MediaKind's solutions to deliver the highest quality of video experience to consumer devices.
News categories: MediaKind, Dolby, Boris Felts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
MediaKind launches Mediaroom Play UX for Android TV STBs
Dec 16, 2020 – MediaKind has announced the launch of Mediaroom Play, a software client for STBs powered by Android TV. The pre-integrated solution is built on CommScope’s VIP7802 box, and includes support for multiple streaming apps.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community