Digital TV News: MediaKind
TVNZ partners with Qvest for OTT streaming implementation
Aug 29, 2023 – TVNZ has launched an OTT streaming platform for live sports broadcasting with Qvest. As the systems integrator, Qvest orchestrated the project with selected technology partners.
News categories: Qvest, TVNZ, Thomas Grandoch, Kym Niblock, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
MediaKind launches streaming platform for Microsoft Azure users
Jul 25, 2023 – MediaKind has unveiled MK/IO, a VOD and live streaming solution built on Microsoft Azure. MK/IO offers encoding, packaging for files and streams, DRM support and a native media player.
News categories: MediaKind, Microsoft Azure, Allen Broome, Simon Crownshaw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
Jun 7, 2023 – MediaKind has announced that TV Globo's EPTV will deploy its edge video processing to deliver better quality, security and reliability for video contribution and distribution over the open internet.
News categories: MediaKind, Globo, Avicom, Juan Pizarro, José Francisco Valencia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
MediaKind and Net Insight unveil end-to-end broadcast distribution system
Apr 12, 2023 – MediaKind and Net Insight have entered into a partnership to build an end-to-end cloud-first IP video distribution system for broadcasters and video distributors.
News categories: MediaKind, Net Insight, Boris Felts, Per Lindgren, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
Dec 5, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Magyar Telekom has chosen its Think360 platform for personalized recommendations, targeted promotions, and viewer engagement across its TV and OTT services.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Magyar Telekom, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
Nov 28, 2022 – MediaKind has announced that Mediaroom Play is powering more TV services for viewers in Canada. Most recently, MediaKind worked with Bell Canada on the latest evolution of its Fibe TV service.
News categories: MediaKind, Bell Canada, Steve Payne, Android TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium deploys MediaKind VSPP and Encoding Live solutions
Apr 19, 2022 – MediaKind has announced that it has been selected by Orange Belgium to provide enriched consumer experiences to its subscribers across a range of devices, from mobiles, TV decoder and tablets to main television screens.
News categories: MediaKind, Orange Belgium, Damien Montessuit, Thomas Parvais, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
Dec 6, 2021 – MediaKind and Arqiva have introduced a media service proposition that delivers a cloud-native, fully managed service for the aggregation, processing, and delivery of TV services for any platform (broadcast and OTT) in any region, at any scale.
News categories: MediaKind, Arqiva, Boris Felts, Shuja Khan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
MediaKind to power live events broadcasting on Oi's IPTV services
Sep 8, 2021 – MediaKind has announced that Brazilian telco Oi has deployed its video contribution solution to deliver live events across its IPTV services in high quality with low latency.
News categories: MediaKind, Oi, Luciano Oliveira, André Ituassú, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification