Digital TV News: MediaKind
MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
Mar 1, 2021 – MediaKind has integrated Dolby Vision technology within its encoding portfolio, enabling users of MediaKind's solutions to deliver the highest quality of video experience to consumer devices.
News categories: MediaKind, Dolby, Boris Felts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
MediaKind launches Mediaroom Play UX for Android TV STBs
Dec 16, 2020 – MediaKind has announced the launch of Mediaroom Play, a software client for STBs powered by Android TV. The pre-integrated solution is built on CommScope’s VIP7802 box, and includes support for multiple streaming apps.
News categories: MediaKind, Raul Aldrey, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
MEO grows pay TV market share in Portugal with MediaKind
Nov 9, 2020 – MediaKind has announced that its long-standing Mediaroom customer, MEO, has been recognized as Portugal's leading pay-TV service by market share. The report by ANACOM follows several recent upgrades by MediaKind to MEO's Mediaroom platform.
News categories: MediaKind, MEO, Damien Montessuit, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal
MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
Sep 17, 2020 – You.i TV has launched a new generation of its You.i Engine One product, with MediaKind as an initial deployment partner. With You.i Engine One 6.0, MediaKind's customers will be able to offer more engaging user experiences.
News categories: You.i TV, MediaKind, Jason Flick, Allen Broome, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Inaugural IBC Showcase scheduled for September 8-11
Sep 2, 2020 – IBC has announced that its inaugural IBC Showcase will run from September 8th – 11th 2020, and continue as a once a week event throughout 2020. The IBC Showcase features three programmes: Content Programme, Exhibitor Showcase and Industry News.
News categories: IBC, Michael Crimp, Mark Smith, Steve Connolly, Christelle Gental, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
MediaKind enhances advertising portfolio
Apr 21, 2020 – MediaKind has announced that its Advertising and Content Distribution Rights portfolio, PRISMA, has been reconfigured with a modular feature set. PRISMA Core and PRISMA Edge provide content distribution rights definition and enforcement and targeted advertising capabilities.
News categories: MediaKind, Stuart Boorn, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
MediaKind offers Aquila Streaming as-a-service on Google Cloud
Apr 16, 2020 – MediaKind has extended its deal with Google Cloud to enable its Aquila Streaming to be offered as-a-service on the Google Cloud platform. Aquila Streaming is an OTT headend that enables content to be received, transcoded, packaged, encrypted and delivered.
News categories: MediaKind, Google Cloud, Angel Ruiz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage
Sep 13, 2019 – MediaKind was selected by Brazilian TV network RecordTV to enable its delivery of over 1,000 hours of programming of the 18th Pan American Games, across its Play Plus streaming services, R7 news portal and Record News and RecordTV channels.
News categories: MediaKind, RecordTV, Avicom Engenharia, Clayton Cruz, Sergio Bruzetti, Geraldo Marques, Jaime Ferreira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Satellite
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES