Digital TV News: Melita
Malta releases TV Consumer Perception Survey
Feb 25, 2014 – Between August and October 2013, the MCA commissioned a survey to gauge consumer sentiment on TV distribution services, in particular their perceptions on the general quality of service and prices.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research
Netgem Presents Its Vision for The Future of TV at TelcoTV 2010
Oct 27, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that at TelcoTV 2010 it will be demonstrating its Hybrid IPTV Media Centre and Internet Adaptor that is already in use by SFR, Telstra, Monaco Telecom, Algeria Telecom, and Melita Telecom.
News categories: Netgem, IPTV, Set Top Box
Melita Secures DVB-C Hybrid HD TV Services With Verimatrix
Oct 20, 2010 – Verimatrix has deployed its Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB Hybrid on Melita's cable and IPTV hybrid network. Melita is the first operator to offer high definition (HD) TV to Maltese subscribers over its HFC network.
News categories: Verimatrix, Melita, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Malta, SCTE•ISBE
Melita inaugurates High Definition TV in Malta
May 28, 2010 – Melita has started installations, both in commercial outlets and households, of its new Melita netbox HD which makes HDTV available for the first time ever in Malta and Gozo and allows pausing, rewinding and recording of live television.
News categories: Melita, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Terrestrial
Netgem Selected To Power Melita HD and PVR Services in Malta
Mar 22, 2010 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it has been chosen by Melita, a leading quad play telecom provider in Malta, to provide its Set Top Box (STB) to power the operator's High Definition (HD) and Personal Video Recorder (PVR) services.
News categories: Netgem, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Malta, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Malta - Melita registers growth in digital TV, telephony
May 8, 2007 – In the first quarter of the year, Melita Cable continued to register growth in the provision of TV services in spite of competition, the company said. More …
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Results, Subscribers
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers