Digital TV News: Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi selected to build Qatar's Es’hail 2 DTH satellite
Sep 8, 2014 – Es’hailSat, the Qatar Satellite Company, has announced that Mitsubishi Electric (MELCO), has been selected to build the company’s second satellite, Es’hail 2. The satellite will be positioned at 26°E for TV broadcasting.
News categories: Es’hailSat, Mitsubishi, Ali Al Kuwari, Yasunori Kamochi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Qatar, Satellite
Espial introduces new version of Espial TV Browser
Aug 14, 2013 – Espial has announced the latest version of its Espial TV Browser. The new version includes picture-in-application, support for live TV tuners embedded in HTML5 apps, intelligent remote control mapping, and support for video trick modes in any HTML5 app.
News categories: Espial, Middleware, OTT
NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision
May 9, 2013 – NHK and Mitsubishi have jointly developed the world's first HEVC encoder for 8K ultra HDTV 'Super Hi-Vision' (SHV). The HEVC encoder will be displayed at the NHK Science & Technology Research Laboratories Open House 2013, which will take place from May 30th to June 2nd.
News categories: Mitsubishi, NHK, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
ITU gives first-stage approval to H.265 video coding standard
Jan 25, 2013 – The International Telecommunication Union has announced that its ITU-T Study Group 16 has agreed first-stage approval to Recommendation ITU-T H.265 or ISO/IEC 23008-2, known informally as 'High Efficiency Video Coding' (HEVC).
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Digital TV
Espial TV Browser Powers Mitsubishi STB for NTT Plala IPTV Service
Sep 25, 2012 – Espial has announced that the Espial TV Browser has been selected to power Mitsubishi's set-top boxes (STBs) deployed by NTT Plala, a leader in the Japanese IPTV market, to deliver a more compelling IPTV service to its customers.
News categories: Espial, Mitsubishi, NTT Plala, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Roku Unveils New Roku Streaming Stick Partners
Aug 1, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled that Element Electronics; GlobalVue; Haier; Hitachi; Insignia; Mitsubishi; Onkyo and Integra; OPPO and TMAX Digital are among the first companies working with Roku to develop consumer electronics devices for the Roku Streaming Stick™.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
CEA forms '4K' Working Group
Jun 7, 2012 – The CEA has announced the formation of a '4K' Working Group, a forum for manufacturers, retailers and content providers to define 4K technology, discuss 4K content options, and educate consumers about the newest era in HDTV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Mitsubishi STBs Power KDDI On-Demand TV Service Using Espial TV Browser
Mar 15, 2012 – Espial has announced that KDDI (Tokyo:9433) will use the Mitsubishi Electric (Tokyo:6503) ST1100R set-top box and Espial TV Browser, with its HTML5 capabilities, to provide the user experience for a wide range of video-on-demand and IPTV services.
News categories: Espial, Mitsubishi Electric, KDDI, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results