Digital TV News: NAB
Norigin Media selected to validate Vevo's OTT apps
Sep 6, 2022 – Vevo has partnered with Norigin Media to validate a range of Connected TV apps across Android TV, Roku, Vizio, Fire TV, and Apple TV. Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service helps quality-assure streaming TV Apps.
News categories: Norigin Media, Vevo, Ajey Anand, Scott Anderson, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
Jul 1, 2022 – Eurofins Digital Testing (EDT) has announced the release of the NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite v2022-1.0 – the first major release for the new model year, applicable to ATSC 3.0 compliant receivers from July 1st 2022.
News categories: Eurofins, CTA, NAB, Bob Campbell, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
NPAW introduces natural language video insights search
Apr 24, 2022 – NPAW has introduced NaLa, a natural language-based video insights search tool. Integrated into the NPAW Suite of video analytics solutions, NaLa leverages ML and natural language processing to handle data search requests based on simple, common-speech questions.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia brings AI to its Edge CDN solution
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has unveiled a set of AI traffic management features for its Edge CDN solution. The advanced capabilities simplify the process of onboarding new services, while delivering a fast return on investment (ROI).
News categories: Synamedia, Elke Hungenaert, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
BitRouter ATSC3pak for Android to power ZapperBox M1 4K OTA receiver
Apr 24, 2022 – BitRouter has announced that its ATSC3pak for Android decoding software will power the ZapperBox M1 converter box. ATSC3pak includes BitRouter's implementation of ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0, which is available for both Android and Linux.
News categories: BitRouter, ZapperBox, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
TvStartup launches OTT video management platform at NAB 2022
Apr 23, 2022 – TvStartup Inc. has launched its Video CMS Software. Video CMS Software is the next level of TvStartup's OTT platform, which offers a turn-key solution for video and audio creators to own, launch and monetize internet TV channels.
News categories: TvStartup, Brock Fisher, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
U.S. OTT subscribers prefer unified bundles
Apr 21, 2022 – Parks Associates research reveals that 59% of OTT subscribers prefer one bill and one account for all their home subscription services, while 48% feel their home internet service provider adds more value when online video services subscriptions are offered.
News categories: Parks Associates, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Streaming, USA
Harmonic adds HDR10+ support to its cloud streaming platform
Apr 21, 2022 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has added support for HDR10+ technology to its VOS 360 cloud streaming platform and XOS software-based advanced media processing solution. The first trial of HDR10+ on VOS360 is underway with Evoca.
News categories: Harmonic, Evoca, HDR10+ Technologies, Shahar Bar, Michael Chase, Bill Mandel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products