Digital TV News: NAB Show
Ultra HD Forum showcases new guidelines at NAB 2023
Apr 11, 2023 – The Ultra HD Forum v3.0 guidelines are now available. They have been restructured into a series of nine shorter books to allow for more frequent updates in areas that are still evolving.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amagi and Encompass Digital Media partner on Cloud solutions and managed services
Apr 12, 2023 – Amagi has announced a partnership combining Encompass Digital Media's expertise in managed broadcast services with Amagi's leadership in cloud-native playout and content monetization.
News categories: Amagi, Encompass Digital Media, Baskar Subramanian, Alan Young, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Planetcast to showcase distribution technologies at NAB Show 2023
Apr 12, 2023 – Planetcast will feature its suite of products, from Cloud Playout to Media Asset Management (MAM) to Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) to Over-the-top (OTT) streaming at NAB 2023.
News categories: Planetcast, Switch Media, Sanjay Duda, Mark Johns, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Fincons launches AllRights - Content Recommender at NAB Show 2023
Apr 11, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Fincons will show a new feature of its rights management suite that combines both AI and standard algorithms to recommend the best content for each client or market.
News categories: Fincons, Francesco Moretti, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
24i integrates with THEOplayer to enhance player support
Apr 12, 2023 – 24i and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer has been integrated with the 24i Mod Studio platform, bringing premium video playback features to a wide range of devices.
News categories: 24i, THEO Technologies, Dr. Neale Foster, Steven Tielemans, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches world’s first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder silicon IP
Apr 4, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its D301, the first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder IP solution, allowing SoC/ASIC vendors to offer solutions compatible with the format.
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Actus Digital to show OTT StreamWatch at NAB
Apr 11, 2023 – At the 2023 NAB show, Actus Digital will introduce OTT StreamWatch, a SaaS/on-prem product that provides QA, compliance logging, stream monitoring, and aircheck recording for ABR streams.
News categories: Actus Digital, Ken Rubin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Bitcentral launches ViewNexa streaming platform
Apr 11, 2023 – Bitcentral has announced a solution for the modern video business that delivers video management, distribution, and monetization all without the overhead of multiple platforms.
News categories: Bitcentral, Greg Morrow, Steve Petilli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
FPT Play delivers Android TV service with Viaccess-Orca
Apr 11, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that FPT Play in Vietnam is using a Widevine CAS solution powered by VO for IPTV streams in its latest Android TV hybrid OTT/IPTV set-top box.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Widevine, FPT Play, Brian Baker, Le Trong Duc, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Vietnam
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service