Digital TV News: NBCUniversal
U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
May 25, 2023 – SVOD revenues will nearly equal those of traditional pay TV in the U.S. in 2027, marking a tipping point in the ongoing decline of cable TV, IPTV and satellite TV services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Tammy Parker, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Comscore to provide local advertising currency for NBCUniversal
May 18, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with NBCUniversal, in which NBCUniversal will be, for the first time, guaranteeing all local ad buys on Comscore measurement.
News categories: Comscore, NBCUniversal, Jon Carpenter, Frank Comerford, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Innovid and NBCUniversal measure KPIs for local marketers on CTV and linear
May 16, 2023 – Innovid (NYSE: CTV) has announced an expanded partnership with NBCUniversal to deliver cross-platform, outcome-based KPIs for local marketers across CTV and linear.
News categories: Innovid, NBCUniversal, Tal Chalozin, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
NHL appoints Amagi as FAST channel technology provider
May 8, 2023 – Amagi has announced that the National Hockey League (NHL) has selected the company to create and distribute its first FAST channel to The Roku Channel, and other platforms in the future.
News categories: Amagi, National Hockey League, Srinivasan KA, Chris Foster, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
A+E Networks EMEA expands FAST footprint with Amagi
Apr 20, 2023 – Amagi has partnered with A+E Networks EMEA to distribute three FAST channels in the UK. A+E has deployed Amagi's cloud solutions in the past for playout and channel delivery in Europe.
News categories: Amagi, A+E Networks, Srinivasan KA, Matthew Westrup, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Amagi powers FAST channels at Estrella Media
Apr 17, 2023 – Amagi has expanded its partnership with Estrella Media to streamline the ingest segmentation, creation, distribution, and monetization of Estrella's FAST channels.
News categories: Amagi, Estrella Media, Srinivasan KA, René Santaella, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
CIMM study to assess usage of Smart TV data for measurement
Mar 30, 2023 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM) has launched a study to assess the opportunities that exist for enhancing the value of Smart TV data as an input to TV measurement solutions.
News categories: CIMM, Jon Watts, Caroline Horner, Helen Katz, Brian West, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
U.S. JIC reveals certification criteria for premium video measurement
Mar 6, 2023 – OpenAP on behalf of the U.S. JIC has announced the publication of initial requirements for premium video cross-platform currencies, a milestone in coalescing the industry around common standards.
News categories: OpenAP, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max