Digital TV News: NCTA
SeaChange Announces Next-Generation Remote Storage DVR
Jun 15, 2011 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced its comprehensive next generation Remote Storage DVR (RS-DVR) network solution that reduces video operators' capex and simplifies multi-room DVR.
News categories: SeaChange, Cable TV, DVR, IPTV, Streaming
Intel-Based Set-Top Box Powers Comcast Xfinity TV Experience
Jun 14, 2011 – Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that its media processors are helping power the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity TV experience which uses a new guide and user interface to make the television more interactive, personal and social.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Zoran Introduces Optimized Interactive IP Set-Top Products for Service Operators
Jun 14, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating a new platform optimized for high definition interactive IP set-top box systems at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Show.
News categories: Zoran, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar Delivers Competitive Edge to Mid-Sized Cable Operators With New Set-Top Box Technology
Jun 14, 2011 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of three new HD set-top boxes specifically designed to enable mid-sized and independent cable operators to economically leverage their interactive advantage in delivering enhanced video applications.
News categories: EchoStar, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box
SeaChange OCAP™ RI-Based Software Selected for Panasonic tru2way® Set-Top Box
Jun 13, 2011 – Panasonic has selected SeaChange's (NASDAQ: SEAC) VividLogic tru2way® software stack for its tru2way set-top box for the North American cable market. The Companies will demonstrate the OCAP™ Reference Implementation solution at The Cable Show.
News categories: SeaChange, Panasonic, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, North America, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo Unveils Full Family of Set Top Boxes for Comprehensive Whole Home Solution
Jun 13, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that TiVo Premiere Q, the company's first-ever quad-tuner gateway set-top box, and TiVo Preview, its first non-DVR HD set-top box, will join TiVo's existing advanced TV solutions offered to cable operators.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
NDS at The Cable Show 2011: Bridging the Next Generation TV Experience
Jun 9, 2011 – At The Cable Show NDS will be showcasing a range of technologies focused on delivering an advanced user experience across multiple-platforms; from multi-platform content delivery and protection to enabling contextual companion device experiences and OTT solutions.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware
Sigma Designs, Inc. Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2011 Results
May 26, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has reported results for its first quarter ended May 1, 2010. Net revenue for the quarter was $65.2 million, down $2.9 million from the previous quarter and up $14.0 million, or 27%, from the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs to Showcase Advanced Video and Networking Technologies at The NCTA Cable Show
May 10, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it will demonstrate four of its leading technologies at The Cable Show, which runs from May 11 - 13, 2010, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Cable TV, IPTV, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max