Digital TV News: NETGEAR
AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
Dec 18, 2018 – On Dec. 21, AT&T will be the first and only company in the U.S. to offer a mobile 5G device over a commercial, standards-based mobile 5G network. The 5G network is already live in parts of 12 U.S. cities.
News categories: AT&T, Andre Fuetsch, Mo Katibeh, 5G, Router, USA
US consumer technology sales to reach record $377 billion in 2018
Jul 31, 2018 – AI, voice-recognition and fast connectivity – critical ingredients for smart speakers, smart home technologies and smartphones – will help spur overall U.S. consumer technology industry revenue to $377 billion in retail revenues in 2018, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, Rick Kowalski, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, USA
Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
Jan 10, 2018 – Comcast has announced plans to significantly expand its home automation capabilities across its entire Xfinity services product portfolio, which includes X1 (TV and voice remote), xFi (WiFi), Xfinity Home (home security), and Xfinity Mobile.
News categories: Comcast, Chris Satchell, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
10% of U.S. broadband households have bought a streaming media device to date in 2014
Dec 2, 2014 – Parks Associates have announced updated streaming media device data showing that 10% of U.S. broadband households purchased one of these devices, either a streaming media player or stick, in the first three quarters of 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, CES2021, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
Nov 26, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest home networking report. The residential gateway and broadband router segments will continue to move in opposite directions as operators provide more advanced WiFi gateways to consumers.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding