Digital TV News: NETGEAR
AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
Dec 18, 2018 – On Dec. 21, AT&T will be the first and only company in the U.S. to offer a mobile 5G device over a commercial, standards-based mobile 5G network. The 5G network is already live in parts of 12 U.S. cities.
News categories: AT&T, Andre Fuetsch, Mo Katibeh, 5G, Router, USA
US consumer technology sales to reach record $377 billion in 2018
Jul 31, 2018 – AI, voice-recognition and fast connectivity – critical ingredients for smart speakers, smart home technologies and smartphones – will help spur overall U.S. consumer technology industry revenue to $377 billion in retail revenues in 2018, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Steve Koenig, Rick Kowalski, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Smart Home, USA
Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
Jan 10, 2018 – Comcast has announced plans to significantly expand its home automation capabilities across its entire Xfinity services product portfolio, which includes X1 (TV and voice remote), xFi (WiFi), Xfinity Home (home security), and Xfinity Mobile.
News categories: Comcast, Chris Satchell, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
China’s appetite for broadband fuels growth in CPE market
Sep 23, 2015 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has raised its outlook for the broadband customer premises equipment (CPE) market. In its September report, the firm has increased its 2019 worldwide broadband CPE forecast by 8%, to US$12.4 billion.
News categories: IHS Inc, Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, 5G, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
Nearly 90 million DOCSIS 3.0 CPE units shipped over last 12 quarters
Jan 6, 2015 – Infonetics has released excerpts from its 3Q14 Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. Connected home and multiscreen services continue to proliferate. As a result, an increasing number of video-capable gateways are being shipped globally.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, Market Research, Worldwide
10% of U.S. broadband households have bought a streaming media device to date in 2014
Dec 2, 2014 – Parks Associates have announced updated streaming media device data showing that 10% of U.S. broadband households purchased one of these devices, either a streaming media player or stick, in the first three quarters of 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, CES2022, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
Nov 26, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest home networking report. The residential gateway and broadband router segments will continue to move in opposite directions as operators provide more advanced WiFi gateways to consumers.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership