Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K 3D VR system for live streaming
Feb 4, 2019 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K 3D virtual reality (VR) system for live video streaming and viewing at 60 frames per second (fps) over 5G mobile communications.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, 5G, Digital TV, Japan, VR, Worldwide
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MediaTek previews Helio M70 5G baseband chipset
Dec 6, 2018 – At the China Mobile Global Partner Conference, MediaTek's first 5G baseband chipset Helio M70 was unveiled to the domestic market. The Helio M70 is among the industry's first wave of 5G multi-mode integrated baseband chipsets.
News categories: MediaTek, TL Lee, 5G, China, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K VR live video streaming and viewing system
Jul 5, 2018 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K VR live streaming and viewing system for showing events in 360° 8K VR video. A head-mounted system creates highly realistic VR experiences.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, Japan, OTT, VR, Worldwide
NTT DOCOMO selects Ericsson CDN for mobile distribution
Jul 4, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by NTT DOCOMO to provide its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) solution. The UDN will enable NTT DOCOMO subscribers to access a diverse range of content over the operator’s mobile network.
News categories: Ericsson, NTT DOCOMO, Cillilan Maher, Takaaki Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
DOCOMO and Nokia achieve world's first real time 8K video transmission over 5G
May 24, 2016 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has achieved the world's first wireless real-time transmission of 8K video deploying radio access technology for 5G mobile communications systems, in a trial jointly conducted with Nokia.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Nokia, Glenn Booth, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
PacketVideo Twonky extends capabilities of NOTTV in TV BOX
May 21, 2014 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its Twonky SDK technology will extend NOTTV capabilities through several new devices and apps being released by NTT DOCOMO, including TV BOX.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DOCOMO, Seiji Maruyama, Mark Tapling, Apps, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA