Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
LiveU selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over 5G
Apr 27, 2020 – LiveU technology has been selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over its newly-launched 5G network. DOCOMO will promote a variety of LiveU’s HEVC bonding transmission products bundled with its 5G and 4G connectivity.
News categories: LiveU, NTT DOCOMO, Yaal Eshel, Takeshi Funakoshi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K 3D VR system for live streaming
Feb 4, 2019 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K 3D virtual reality (VR) system for live video streaming and viewing at 60 frames per second (fps) over 5G mobile communications.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, 5G, Digital TV, Japan, VR, Worldwide
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MediaTek previews Helio M70 5G baseband chipset
Dec 6, 2018 – At the China Mobile Global Partner Conference, MediaTek's first 5G baseband chipset Helio M70 was unveiled to the domestic market. The Helio M70 is among the industry's first wave of 5G multi-mode integrated baseband chipsets.
News categories: MediaTek, TL Lee, 5G, China, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K VR live video streaming and viewing system
Jul 5, 2018 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K VR live streaming and viewing system for showing events in 360° 8K VR video. A head-mounted system creates highly realistic VR experiences.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming, VR, Worldwide
NTT DOCOMO selects Ericsson CDN for mobile distribution
Jul 4, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by NTT DOCOMO to provide its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) solution. The UDN will enable NTT DOCOMO subscribers to access a diverse range of content over the operator’s mobile network.
News categories: Ericsson, NTT DOCOMO, Cillilan Maher, Takaaki Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
DOCOMO and Nokia achieve world's first real time 8K video transmission over 5G
May 24, 2016 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has achieved the world's first wireless real-time transmission of 8K video deploying radio access technology for 5G mobile communications systems, in a trial jointly conducted with Nokia.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Nokia, Glenn Booth, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform