Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K 3D VR system for live streaming
Feb 4, 2019 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K 3D virtual reality (VR) system for live video streaming and viewing at 60 frames per second (fps) over 5G mobile communications.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, 5G, Digital TV, Japan, VR, Worldwide
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MediaTek previews Helio M70 5G baseband chipset
Dec 6, 2018 – At the China Mobile Global Partner Conference, MediaTek's first 5G baseband chipset Helio M70 was unveiled to the domestic market. The Helio M70 is among the industry's first wave of 5G multi-mode integrated baseband chipsets.
News categories: MediaTek, TL Lee, 5G, China, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K VR live video streaming and viewing system
Jul 5, 2018 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K VR live streaming and viewing system for showing events in 360° 8K VR video. A head-mounted system creates highly realistic VR experiences.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, Japan, OTT, VR, Worldwide
NTT DOCOMO selects Ericsson CDN for mobile distribution
Jul 4, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by NTT DOCOMO to provide its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) solution. The UDN will enable NTT DOCOMO subscribers to access a diverse range of content over the operator’s mobile network.
News categories: Ericsson, NTT DOCOMO, Cillilan Maher, Takaaki Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
DOCOMO and Nokia achieve world's first real time 8K video transmission over 5G
May 24, 2016 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has achieved the world's first wireless real-time transmission of 8K video deploying radio access technology for 5G mobile communications systems, in a trial jointly conducted with Nokia.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Nokia, Glenn Booth, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
PacketVideo Twonky extends capabilities of NOTTV in TV BOX
May 21, 2014 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its Twonky SDK technology will extend NOTTV capabilities through several new devices and apps being released by NTT DOCOMO, including TV BOX.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DOCOMO, Seiji Maruyama, Mark Tapling, Apps, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform