Digital TV News: NTT DOCOMO
LiveU selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over 5G
Apr 27, 2020 – LiveU technology has been selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over its newly-launched 5G network. DOCOMO will promote a variety of LiveU’s HEVC bonding transmission products bundled with its 5G and 4G connectivity.
News categories: LiveU, NTT DOCOMO, Yaal Eshel, Takeshi Funakoshi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K 3D VR system for live streaming
Feb 4, 2019 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K 3D virtual reality (VR) system for live video streaming and viewing at 60 frames per second (fps) over 5G mobile communications.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, 5G, Digital TV, Japan, VR, Worldwide
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MediaTek previews Helio M70 5G baseband chipset
Dec 6, 2018 – At the China Mobile Global Partner Conference, MediaTek's first 5G baseband chipset Helio M70 was unveiled to the domestic market. The Helio M70 is among the industry's first wave of 5G multi-mode integrated baseband chipsets.
News categories: MediaTek, TL Lee, 5G, China, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
DOCOMO develops 360° 8K VR live video streaming and viewing system
Jul 5, 2018 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has developed what is believed to be the world's first 8K VR live streaming and viewing system for showing events in 360° 8K VR video. A head-mounted system creates highly realistic VR experiences.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Digital TV, Japan, OTT, VR, Worldwide
NTT DOCOMO selects Ericsson CDN for mobile distribution
Jul 4, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected by NTT DOCOMO to provide its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) solution. The UDN will enable NTT DOCOMO subscribers to access a diverse range of content over the operator’s mobile network.
News categories: Ericsson, NTT DOCOMO, Cillilan Maher, Takaaki Sato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile
DOCOMO and Nokia achieve world's first real time 8K video transmission over 5G
May 24, 2016 – NTT DOCOMO has announced that it has achieved the world's first wireless real-time transmission of 8K video deploying radio access technology for 5G mobile communications systems, in a trial jointly conducted with Nokia.
News categories: NTT DOCOMO, Nokia, Glenn Booth, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
MPEG LA expands HEVC license coverage
Mar 19, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced that the coverage of its HEVC Patent Portfolio License has been updated to conform with recent revisions to the HEVC standard as defined in Recommendation ITU-T H.265 v2 (10/2014).
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand