Digital TV News: NVIDIA
LG unveils its latest TV lineup
Jan 4, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its latest TV lineup, headlined by the company's 2022 OLED televisions. The TVs feature powerful imaging technologies, and an improved webOS offering more smart features and services.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung to offer screens with HDR10+ GAMING support
Dec 23, 2021 – Select 2022 4K and 8K TVs and gaming monitors from Samsung will support the new HDR10+ GAMING standard. HDR10+ GAMING gives developers the tools they need to provide gamers with a consistent HDR gaming experience without the need for manual calibration.
News categories: Samsung, NVIDIA, Seokwoo Yong, Vijay Sharma, Todd Hollenshead, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG brings NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming to WebOS Smart TVs
Nov 18, 2021 – LG has partnered with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW for LG TVs running webOS. The app will be available in beta in the LG Content Store on select 2021 TV models in 80 markets.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Lee Sang-woo, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, Worldwide
View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
Jun 21, 2021 – CommScope has announced that View TV Group has selected CommScope's manifest manipulation software to strengthen its broadcast CDN solution with additional dynamic ad insertion functionality.
News categories: CommScope, View TV Group, Morgan Kurk, Dr. Jamie Branson, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Spin Digital releases VVC 8K decoder and media player
Jun 21, 2021 – Spin Digital has developed a real-time software video decoder compatible with VVC, integrated into a complete media player that supports the full 8K format including higher pixel counts, HDR, WCG and HFR.
News categories: Spin Digital, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020
Apr 12, 2021 – Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $466.2 billion in 2020, an increase of 10.4% from 2019, according to final results from Gartner. Intel retained its position as the No. 1 global semiconductor vendor by revenue in 2020.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, COVID-19, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
Jan 14, 2021 – Following a decline of 12% in 2019, worldwide semiconductor revenue rebounded in 2020 to total $449.8 billion, an increase of 7.3% from 2019, according to Gartner. Intel retained its position at No. 1.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
LG OLED TVs receive NVIDIA G-SYNC upgrade
Nov 1, 2019 – Current model year OLED TVs from LG will receive a firmware update allowing gameplay via NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible technology. The upgrade will arrive first in North America followed by markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East before the end of the year.
News categories: LG Electronics, NVIDIA, Sam Kim, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers