Digital TV News: National Communications Authority
Fibre becomes leading technology for pay TV distribution in Norway
May 13, 2019 – Fibre has become the leading technology for the distribution of pay TV in Norway according to the country's National Communications Authority (Nkom). At the end of 2018, there were over 2.2 million TV subscriptions in the country, 28,000 fewer than a year earlier.
News categories: Nkom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Ghana's digital migration deadline now March 2016
Jul 2, 2015 – Ghana will migrate fully to digital terrestrial television (DTT) by March 2016, the Ministry of Communications, has stated. Ghana had identified funding sources to implement the project at a cost of US$83 million.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Ministry of Communications, William Tevie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
Ghana publishes conformance procedure for Digital TV logos
Jan 31, 2014 – Ghana's National Communications Authority (NCA) has published the procedure for the award of the Conformance Logos for Digital TV sets and decoders.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ghana issues minimum specification for DTT receivers
Feb 6, 2013 – The National Communications Authority (NCA) of Ghana has announced the release of Minimum Specifications for Receivers of Free to Air Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Ghana, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ghana Issues Free To Air DTT Receiver Minimum Requirements For Comment
May 3, 2012 – Ghana's National Communications Authority has published a draft standard for DTT receivers to ensure that all DTT receivers sold on the Ghanaian market conform to a minimum standard. The consultation expires on 25th May, 2012.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NGB Collaborates With Local Ghanaian Channels On DTT Platform
Mar 31, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) Ghana Ltd is planning to launch a Digital Terrestrial Pay TV service in Ghana branded SMART TV. SMART TV will provide customer with both free to air and pay TV channels.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Terrestrial
Major operators in Hungary end 2009 with 1.141 million digital TV subscribers
Mar 2, 2010 – According to a flash report released by NHH, in December 2009 the number of households with digital television subscriptions in the network of Hungary's fourteen largest broadcasters rose to 1,141,000, an increase of 23,000 in the month.
News categories: NHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
MinDig TV receiver sales booming in Hungary
Feb 2, 2010 – According to sales figures from GfK Hungária, at the end of December, around 4.4% of all Hungarian households, or 19.7% of terrestrial households, had a DVB-T MPEG-4 receiver capable of receiving Antenna Hungária's MinDig TV service.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, MinDig TV, GfK, Content Distribution, Hungary, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
National Communications Authority of Hungary publishes TV report to November 2009
Jan 26, 2010 – In November 2009, the number of households with digital television subscriptions in the network of Hungary's fourteen largest broadcasters rose to 1,118,000, an increase of nearly 10,000, states the flash report released by the National Communications Authority (NHH).
News categories: NHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic