Digital TV News: National Communications Authority
Fibre becomes leading technology for pay TV distribution in Norway
May 13, 2019 – Fibre has become the leading technology for the distribution of pay TV in Norway according to the country's National Communications Authority (Nkom). At the end of 2018, there were over 2.2 million TV subscriptions in the country, 28,000 fewer than a year earlier.
News categories: Nkom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Ghana's digital migration deadline now March 2016
Jul 2, 2015 – Ghana will migrate fully to digital terrestrial television (DTT) by March 2016, the Ministry of Communications, has stated. Ghana had identified funding sources to implement the project at a cost of US$83 million.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Ministry of Communications, William Tevie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Terrestrial
Ghana publishes conformance procedure for Digital TV logos
Jan 31, 2014 – Ghana's National Communications Authority (NCA) has published the procedure for the award of the Conformance Logos for Digital TV sets and decoders.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ghana issues minimum specification for DTT receivers
Feb 6, 2013 – The National Communications Authority (NCA) of Ghana has announced the release of Minimum Specifications for Receivers of Free to Air Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Ghana, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Ghana Issues Free To Air DTT Receiver Minimum Requirements For Comment
May 3, 2012 – Ghana's National Communications Authority has published a draft standard for DTT receivers to ensure that all DTT receivers sold on the Ghanaian market conform to a minimum standard. The consultation expires on 25th May, 2012.
News categories: National Communications Authority, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
NGB Collaborates With Local Ghanaian Channels On DTT Platform
Mar 31, 2010 – Next Generation Broadcasting (NGB) Ghana Ltd is planning to launch a Digital Terrestrial Pay TV service in Ghana branded SMART TV. SMART TV will provide customer with both free to air and pay TV channels.
News categories: Next Generation Broadcasting AB, Digital TV, Ghana, Regulation, Terrestrial
Major operators in Hungary end 2009 with 1.141 million digital TV subscribers
Mar 2, 2010 – According to a flash report released by NHH, in December 2009 the number of households with digital television subscriptions in the network of Hungary's fourteen largest broadcasters rose to 1,141,000, an increase of 23,000 in the month.
News categories: NHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
MinDig TV receiver sales booming in Hungary
Feb 2, 2010 – According to sales figures from GfK Hungária, at the end of December, around 4.4% of all Hungarian households, or 19.7% of terrestrial households, had a DVB-T MPEG-4 receiver capable of receiving Antenna Hungária's MinDig TV service.
News categories: Antenna Hungária, MinDig TV, GfK, Content Distribution, Hungary, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
National Communications Authority of Hungary publishes TV report to November 2009
Jan 26, 2010 – In November 2009, the number of households with digital television subscriptions in the network of Hungary's fourteen largest broadcasters rose to 1,118,000, an increase of nearly 10,000, states the flash report released by the National Communications Authority (NHH).
News categories: NHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers