Digital TV News: Nokia
VUBIQUITY and NOKIA announce ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ for OTT
Sep 17, 2017 – VUBIQUITY and NOKIA have announced a ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ (T-SAAS) offering. The service delivers a hosted SaaS solution with operator licensed premium time-shifted content for operator’s OTT service providers.
News categories: VUBIQUITY, NOKIA, Ira Dworkin, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nokia debuts Virtualized User Experience Platform at IBC
Sep 13, 2017 – Nokia has expanded its Velocix portfolio with the debut of its Virtualized User Experience Platform (UXP). This innovative cloud platform untethers viewers from their set-top boxes (STB) and extends the viewing experience to all their devices.
News categories: Nokia, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nokia and Kaltura partner for next generation TV viewing
Apr 24, 2017 – Kaltura has announced that it has entered into partnership with Nokia. Kaltura and Nokia have joined forces to facilitate a more personalized and monetized viewing experience for customers worldwide.
News categories: Kaltura, Nokia, Ron Yekutiel, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
PCCW Global delivers 360° VR sport with Harmonic
Apr 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its Electra VS video system was used by PCCW Global to deliver immersive 360-degree, virtual reality (VR) experiences live during the 2017 Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens rugby tournament April 7-9.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW Global, Tony Berthaud, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, Metaverse, NABShow
NeuLion and Nokia partner for end-to-end VR streaming
Apr 21, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Nokia’s OZO Live and OZO Reality Platform, together with the NeuLion Digital Platform, will offer joint customers complete end-to-end production, delivery, monetization and play-back of VR content.
News categories: NeuLion, Nokia, Roy Reichbach, Tarif Sayed, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Nokia OZO and Accedo partner to enhance quality of VR experiences
Apr 20, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it is partnering with Nokia to deliver best-in-class quality throughout the VR experience by integrating Nokia’s OZO Player SDK into Accedo’s VR solutions and joint customer projects.
News categories: Accedo, Nokia, Fredrik Andersson, Tarif Sayed, Metaverse, NABShow, Worldwide
V-Nova to debut PERSEUS 2 at the NABShow
Apr 3, 2017 – V-Nova has announced the launch of the next generation V-Nova PERSEUS. V-Nova PERSEUS 2 expands the codec’s capability to enhance performance, simplify deployment into real-world environments and reduce operating costs through improved efficiency.
News categories: V-Nova, Nokia, FastFilmz, Thaicom, Guido Meardi, Pav Kudlac, Karam Malhotra, Teerayuth Boonchote, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
BT and Nokia research 5G for future VR applications
Feb 27, 2017 – BT and Nokia have partnered on VR research. The research will examine how 5G can be used to maximise the experience of customers watching fully-immersive live sport or entertainment in future high-definition VR.
News categories: BT plc, Nokia, Howard Watson, Harold Graham, 5G, Digital TV, Metaverse, MWC22, Worldwide
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads