Digital TV News: Nuance
Hisense publishes results of study into TV purchasing decisions
Apr 28, 2023 – Hisense has published to results of a study into UK TV owners' viewing habits. The research focussed on Britons' attitudes to popular TV series and the effect this has on TV purchasing decisions.
News categories: Hisense, Digital TV
Plex integrates Vionlabs AI technology for enhanced viewing experience
Apr 5, 2023 – Vionlabs has partnered with Plex to integrate its cognitive AI technology into Plex’s streaming service, enhancing the viewing experience with a more accurate and intuitive UX.
News categories: Vionlabs, Plex, Marcus Bergström, Shawn Eldridge, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
TO THE NEW partners with Vionlabs on content discovery and recommendations
Mar 16, 2023 – TO THE NEW and Vionlabs have partnered to improve customer experience through mood-based content discovery, using AI-based analysis of video files to increase viewer engagement and satisfaction.
News categories: Vionlabs, TO THE NEW, Cecilie Chen, Manish Sinha, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Quickplay integrates Vionlabs-powered media descriptors
Nov 2, 2022 – Quickplay and Vionlabs have announced a technology integration that uses AI-based analysis of video files to increase viewer engagement and satisfaction, as well as ad monetization by OTT providers.
News categories: Vionlabs, Quickplay, Marcus Bergström, Naveen Narayanan, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Liberty Global and Nuance expand voice-enabled TV services in the UK
Sep 8, 2022 – Liberty Global has expanded its use of Nuance Dragon TV for Virgin Media O2 customers in the United Kingdom. The expansion includes new capabilities that provide enhanced support for visually impaired customers, such as reading aloud program information.
News categories: Nuance, Liberty Global, Tony Lorentzen, Pieter Vervoort, Digital TV, Smart Home, UK, UX
TV content and short-form video both important for Gen Z
Mar 2, 2022 – According to a Horowitz Research study, eight in ten (78%) 13- to 24-year-olds stream TV content weekly, while 79% stream short-form content. Gen Z split their viewing time rather evenly between long-form and short-form content.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
NBCUniversal launches first-party identity platform
Jan 5, 2022 – NBCUniversal has announced a first-party identity platform, NBCUnified. Consisting of three main components — NBCU ID, Data Marketplace and Partner Integrations — NBCUnified unites the company's network of consumer touchpoints into a scaled data offering.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Krishan Bhatia, John Lee, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
InterDigital report details impact of AI/ML on video entertainment
Dec 7, 2021 – A recent white paper commissioned by InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) and written by Futuresource Consulting examines the industry influence of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) on applications across the video supply chain.
News categories: InterDigital, Futuresource, Henry Tirri, Simon Forrest, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
Oct 14, 2021 – Resonate has issued research on the streaming media behaviors of American TV consumers. According to data from its Ignite platform, 82% of U.S. consumers now watch some form of OTT content, with only 55% still watching cable TV.
News categories: Resonate, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media