Digital TV News: OSN
TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
Mar 2, 2021 – OSN is to use TVbeat's TV SaaS Framework services, in a step that will strengthen OSN’s position as a data-driven network and enable it to better address shifting viewership behaviour and trends in the MENA region.
News categories: TVbeat, OSN, Abbas D. Tahzib, Devrim Melek, Big Data, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
MENA SVOD subscriptions to grow by 18 million
Feb 9, 2021 – The 20 countries in the Middle East and North Africa region will have 32.65 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from the 14.16 million recorded at the end of 2020, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Subscribers
Sky Deutschland, Vodafone and LiveU test 5G's live sports capabilities
Feb 3, 2021 – LiveU has played a central role in a 5G test with Sky Deutschland and Vodafone, showing the possibilities for live sports provided by the integrated workflow. The test also highlighted 5G network slicing capabilities.
News categories: LiveU, Sky Deutschland, Vodafone, Zion Eilam, Alessandro Reitano, 5G, Digital TV, Germany
OSN launches ‘Box Of Wonders’ for the MENA region
Jan 5, 2021 – OSN has launched its ‘Box of Wonders’. The Box of Wonders addresses the specific needs and wants of the MENA customer including safe viewing experiences for children, enhanced search functionality and rapid content discovery.
News categories: OSN, Devrim Melek, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
MENA SVOD subscriptions to grow 148% by 2025
Sep 10, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, there will be 27.16 million paying SVOD subscriptions in the Middle East and North Africa by 2025, up from 10.95 million recorded at end-2019.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
OSN chooses Bitmovin Encoding for its WAVO streaming service
Apr 8, 2019 – Bitmovin has announced that OSN has selected Bitmovin Encoding to offer video content to subscribers of its video streaming service, WAVO. OSN adopted Bitmovin Encoding because of its rich feature set and API approach to building its platform.
News categories: Bitmovin, OSN, Stefan Lederer, Dave Mace, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT
Zain KSA and Huawei plan video streaming service
Feb 26, 2019 – Zain KSA and Huawei have agreed a plan to implement a 'to Home' video streaming service platform and infrastructure. Zain KSA will be the first telecom operator in the Middle East to use Huawei's video cloud solutions to build their own video services.
News categories: Zain, Huawei, Eng. Sultan Bin AbdulAziz AlDeghaither, Dennis Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MWC21, Saudi Arabia
Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
Jan 14, 2019 – Endeavor has announced the formation of Endeavor Streaming, encompassing the company's video streaming products and services. NeuLion, acquired by Endeavor in 2018, will be absorbed within the new group alongside Endeavor's internally developed video platform technology.
News categories: Endeavor Streaming, WWE, Nick Wilson, Will Staeger, Vince McMahon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform