Digital TV News: Open Mobile Video Coalition
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Mobile DTV Marketplace Showcases Consumer Technology Advances at 2010 NAB Show
Apr 12, 2010 – The Mobile Digital TV Marketplace at the NAB Show is showcasing the wide variety of mobile TV products coming in 2010, ranging from mobile phones and accessories, to USB receivers, in-vehicle displays, personal computers, portable TVs, and much more.
News categories: Mobile, NABShow, USA
LG Electronics Showcases Cell Phones Equipped With New ATSC-M/H Receiver Chip
Mar 24, 2010 – At CTIA Wireless, LG Electronics is demonstrating three prototype cell phone models that receive the new mobile DTV signals now being transmitted by nearly four dozen broadcast stations in the USA.
News categories: LG Electronics, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Samsung Moment™ Mobile Phone to Demonstrate Mobile Digital TV at International CES 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – Sprint (NYSE: S) and Samsung have announced that Samsung Moment™ will display a mobile phone demonstration of the North American mobile digital TV broadcasting standard during International CES 2010 in Las Vegas on January 7 - 10, 2010.
News categories: Samsung, Sprint, CES2023, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition Launching Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Q1 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – A real-world showcase to gauge consumer interest in Mobile Digital Television will begin in the Washington, D.C. area in the first quarter of 2010, with eight local area television stations transmitting to hundreds of mobile devices.
News categories: OMVC, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, USA
NetLogic Microsystems Demonstrating ATSC Mobile Digital TV Broadcast Solutions at CES 2010
Jan 4, 2010 – NetLogic Microsystems (NASDAQ:NETL) has announced that it will be demonstrating live broadcast of digital television (DTV) broadcast solutions using its ultra low-power Alchemy® processors at this week's International Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: NetLogic, CES2023, Mobile, Semiconductor
CEA Advances Mobile DTV Through Plugfest
Dec 10, 2009 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® has completed hosting the first ever ATSC Mobile DTV Plugfest. The Plugfest utilized four independently developed transmission systems, 12 receiver systems, and four software vendors.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2023, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Gray Television Launches Mobile Digital Television
Sep 3, 2009 – On July 24, 2009, Gray Television's (NYSE: GTN, GTN.A) NBC affiliate, WOWT, in Omaha, Nebraska, unleashed its first 'mobile DTV' signal. Gray Television and WOWT are working with the Open Mobile Video Coalition on the pilot.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, WOWT, Gray Television, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
ION Media Launches ATSC-M/H in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Jun 29, 2009 – ION Media Networks has announced the launch of its Digital Broadcast 'Triple Play' in New York City and Washington, D.C. The DTV service includes the broadcast of ION Television, in high-definition, two additional digital networks, plus Mobile DTV.
News categories: ION Media Networks, Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December