Digital TV News: Orbit Showtime Network
280 satellite pay TV channels in the Arab World
Nov 8, 2015 – According to the Arab Advisors Group, as of October 2015 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the Arab Region, offered a combined total of 280 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Arab satellite pay TV providers broadcast a total of 151 channels
Oct 7, 2013 – Research by the Arab Advisors Group reveals that as of August 2013 the four satellite Pay TV operators, broadcasting from the region, offered a combined total of 151 channels. OSN is the leader in terms of the number of offered channels.
News categories: Arab Advisors Group, Hiba Al Atiyat, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, DVR, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Streaming, UAE
Batelco Announces Launch of TV Over Broadband in Bahrain
Sep 18, 2011 – Batelco has announced that IPTV will soon be available for broadband customers. Batelco subscribers who are residents of Reef Island are able to sign up for IPTV today. Batelco will deliver IPTV in partnership with Selevision.
News categories: Selevision, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
110,000 HD DTH subscribers for Orbit Showtime Network
Aug 30, 2010 – The region's first bouquet of high definition channels is now being enjoyed by over 110,000 Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) subscribers. The addition of extra HD channels responds to increasing customer demand for high quality programming.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, DVR, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime launches HD channels
Jan 17, 2010 – Orbit Showtime, formed from the merger between Orbit and Showtime, has revealed its new name, OSN-Orbit Showtime Network. Starting February 1st, OSN will launch 8 brand new channels including the region's first three high definition channels.
News categories: Orbit Showtime, Bahrain, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UAE
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022