Digital TV News: Redbox
Fuse Media expands FAST distribution with Amagi
Dec 14, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Fuse Media has expanded its partnership with Amagi to launch another channel as they continue to grow their presence in the CTV-led Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) market.
News categories: Amagi, Fuse Media, Srinivasan KA, Cesar Chavez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, USA
VIZIO remote controls to get dedicated Redbox and Crackle buttons
Nov 14, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a deal with VIZIO that brings the Redbox and Crackle free streaming apps to VIZIO remote controls in the second half of 2023.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIZIO, Adam Mosam, Seta Goldstein, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
VIDAA OS remote controls to get Crackle button in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE), along with VIDAA USA, has announced an agreement to add Crackle streaming services and a Crackle-branded remote control button to devices powered by VIDAA OS.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, VIDAA, Adam Mosam, Nick Ruczaj, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
May 11, 2022 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) and Redbox Entertainment (Nasdaq: RDBX) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment will acquire Redbox.
News categories: Chicken Soup for the Soul, Redbox, William J. Rouhana Jr, Galen Smith, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Cox Media Group expands digital streaming with Amagi
Apr 22, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Cox Media Group (CMG) has chosen Amagi to power its streaming across connected TV, mobile, web, and distribution as CMG launches a major expansion of its free digital streaming strategy.
News categories: Amagi, Cox Media Group, Srinivasan KA, Marian Pittman, Mark Beck, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi secures $95 million investment in unicorn round
Mar 16, 2022 – Amagi has solidified its position with a new $95 million funding round followed by a 108% YoY growth in revenues. This financing round was led by Accel with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures.
News categories: Amagi, Accel, Norwest Venture Partners, Avataar Ventures, Baskar Subramanian, Shekhar Kirani, Dave Zilberman, Nishant Rao, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
FITE chooses Dooya to power FITE 24/7 FAST channel
Mar 8, 2022 – FITE has announced the expansion of FITE 24/7 into FITE's first Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) channel. The channel will use Dooya's FASTCast process to provide distribution and monetization to cable operators as well as OTT platforms and connected TVs.
News categories: Dooya, FITE, John T. Wells, Louis Lewow, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
Oct 22, 2021 – Redbox (NASDAQ: RDBX) has completed its business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SGAM). Redbox's common stock and warrants are expected to begin trading on NASDAQ on Monday, October 25, 2021.
News categories: Redbox, Galen Smith, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
Redbox streaming app available for PlayStation 5 console
Oct 7, 2021 – Redbox has announced that it has expanded the distribution footprint for its streaming app to the PlayStation 5 console. The Redbox streaming app will also soon be available on the PlayStation 4.
News categories: Redbox, PlayStation, Chris Yates, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution