Digital TV News: SK Broadband
SK Broadband adds 138,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 11, 2021 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced results for the second quarter of 2021. The company added 138k IPTV subscribers in the quarter to finish with 8.81m pay-TV subscribers in total (IPTV 5.92m, CATV 2.89m).
News categories: SK Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that SK Broadband has selected NAGRA’s NexGuard forensic watermarking technology to protect the operator's premium content on a wide range of IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, SK Broadband, Stéphane Le Dréau, SangBum Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Watermarking
SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
Apr 6, 2020 – According to Futuresource, 'Super Premium VOD' continues to propel South Korea to be one of the leading transactional VOD markets in the world. The offering allows Korean customers to rent film titles as early as 4 weeks post cinema release.
News categories: Futuresource, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Five million IPTV subscribers for SK Broadband
Jul 31, 2019 – Korean telecommunications provider, SK Broadband, has announced that it now has more than five million subscribers to its IPTV service 'B tv'. The service launched 13 years ago in July 2006.
News categories: SK Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
SK Broadband signs merger contract with t-broad
Apr 26, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that its subsidiary SK Broadband and t-broad, a subsidiary of Taekwang Industrial, have signed a merger contract to better respond to the rapid changes in the pay TV market and strengthen their media competitiveness.
News categories: SK Broadband, t-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, MandA
Synaptics chosen by SK Broadband for voice-enabled B TV devices
Jan 7, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart and AudioSmart IoT technologies have been selected by SK Broadband for its B TV consumer devices to be launched in 2019.
News categories: Synaptics, SK Broadband, Huibert Verhoeven, Sang Bum Lee, CES2022, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SK Broadband selects dataxu to bring addressable TV to Asia
Nov 8, 2018 – dataxu has announced that it has signed an MOU with SK Broadband. Under the agreement, SK Broadband is able to use dataxu’s TotalTV offering, which enables targeting of TV campaigns at the household level, in real-time, via dataxu’s self-serve DSP, Touchpoint.
News categories: dataxu, SK Broadband, James Sampson, Shane Park, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers