Digital TV News: SK Broadband
SK Broadband adds 138,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 11, 2021 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced results for the second quarter of 2021. The company added 138k IPTV subscribers in the quarter to finish with 8.81m pay-TV subscribers in total (IPTV 5.92m, CATV 2.89m).
News categories: SK Telecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that SK Broadband has selected NAGRA’s NexGuard forensic watermarking technology to protect the operator's premium content on a wide range of IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, SK Broadband, Stéphane Le Dréau, SangBum Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Watermarking
SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
Apr 6, 2020 – According to Futuresource, 'Super Premium VOD' continues to propel South Korea to be one of the leading transactional VOD markets in the world. The offering allows Korean customers to rent film titles as early as 4 weeks post cinema release.
News categories: Futuresource, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2023, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Five million IPTV subscribers for SK Broadband
Jul 31, 2019 – Korean telecommunications provider, SK Broadband, has announced that it now has more than five million subscribers to its IPTV service 'B tv'. The service launched 13 years ago in July 2006.
News categories: SK Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
SK Broadband signs merger contract with t-broad
Apr 26, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that its subsidiary SK Broadband and t-broad, a subsidiary of Taekwang Industrial, have signed a merger contract to better respond to the rapid changes in the pay TV market and strengthen their media competitiveness.
News categories: SK Broadband, t-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, MandA
Synaptics chosen by SK Broadband for voice-enabled B TV devices
Jan 7, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart and AudioSmart IoT technologies have been selected by SK Broadband for its B TV consumer devices to be launched in 2019.
News categories: Synaptics, SK Broadband, Huibert Verhoeven, Sang Bum Lee, CES2024, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SK Broadband selects dataxu to bring addressable TV to Asia
Nov 8, 2018 – dataxu has announced that it has signed an MOU with SK Broadband. Under the agreement, SK Broadband is able to use dataxu’s TotalTV offering, which enables targeting of TV campaigns at the household level, in real-time, via dataxu’s self-serve DSP, Touchpoint.
News categories: dataxu, SK Broadband, James Sampson, Shane Park, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward