Digital TV News: STIRR
Amagi secures $95 million investment in unicorn round
Mar 16, 2022 – Amagi has solidified its position with a new $95 million funding round followed by a 108% YoY growth in revenues. This financing round was led by Accel with participation from existing investors Norwest Venture Partners and Avataar Ventures.
News categories: Amagi, Accel, Norwest Venture Partners, Avataar Ventures, Baskar Subramanian, Shekhar Kirani, Dave Zilberman, Nishant Rao, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Amagi secures over $100m of funding
Sep 10, 2021 – Amagi has announced that Accel, Avataar Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and existing investor Premji Invest have collectively invested over $100 million in the company. The funds have bought out the stake held by Emerald Media and Mayfield India. Nadathur Holdings continues as an existing investor.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
Jun 15, 2021 – TheViewPoint has partnered with DMR to amplify monetization of DMR's CTV/OTT advertising inventory. TheViewPoint is a video ad monetization platform for publishers and broadcasters.
News categories: TheViewPoint, Digital Media Rights, Keren Pass, Aaron Bendich, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
Mar 4, 2021 – Amagi has launched Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress for content owners who are looking to create 24x7 linear channels and distribute them to streaming TV and Free Ad Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Amagi, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
Nov 18, 2020 – Amagi has announced that it has enabled BUZZR to transition to cloud-managed broadcast operations. BUZZR has integrated its broadcast workflows, across over-the-air, cable and OTT, onto a single unified platform.
News categories: Amagi, BUZZR, Srinivasan KA, Mark Deetjen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Qwest TV partners with Amagi for connected TV distribution
Jun 24, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Qwest TV – the largest VOD catalogue dedicated to jazz, soul, funk, classical and world music - has partnered with Amagi to distribute and monetize its music content to CTV platforms.
News categories: Amagi, Qwest TV, Srinivasan KA, Réza Ackbaraly, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
Jan 16, 2020 – Amagi has announced that Insight TV has transitioned its three newly launched OTT channels – Insight TV Lifestyle, InWonder, and InTrouble to the Amagi cloud platform. The channels are available in the US, UK, Spain and Indonesia.
News categories: Amagi, Insight TV, Srini, Rian Bester, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
Jul 17, 2019 – STIRR, owned by Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI), has announced that since launching six months ago it has reached one million app downloads. STIRR is focused on providing viewers across the U.S. with access to live local news and free linear TV channels.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, STIRR, Christopher Ripley, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
24i Media app technology helps power Sinclair's STIRR
Mar 27, 2019 – 24i Media has announced that it is helping power STIRR, the streaming service from Sinclair Broadcast. STIRR, powered in part by 24i Media's app technology, is available on a variety of mobile and connected TV platforms in the U.S.
News categories: 24i Media, STIRR, Ramon Duivenvoorden, Adam Ware, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC