Digital TV News: Samsung
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
Jan 19, 2022 – GLobal semiconductor revenue increased 25.1% in 2021 to total $583.5 billion, crossing the $500 billion threshold for the first time, according to Gartner. Samsung regained the top spot from Intel for the first time since 2018.
News categories: Gartner, Andrew Norwood, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
Jan 17, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Video Solutions AG has partnered with it to launch, distribute and monetize two AVOD channels – one in Germany and one in UK - on Samsung TV Plus, LG, Phillips, TCL, and Xiaomi.
News categories: Amagi, Video Solutions AG, Srinivasan KA, Chris Sharp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
Jan 12, 2022 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). The broadcaster will use castLabs’ cloud digital rights management (DRM), DRMtoday, solution to protect its online video content.
News categories: castLabs, PBS, Alec Henthorne, Scott Nourse, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Samsung joins Home Connectivity Alliance
Jan 5, 2022 – Samsung has announced its membership in the Home Connectivity Alliance (HCA). The alliance brings together leading manufacturers of connected devices to enhance the compatibility of smart appliances across brands.
News categories: Samsung, Home Connectivity Alliance, Chanwoo Park, Yoon Ho Choi, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2022, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Samsung to offer screens with HDR10+ GAMING support
Dec 23, 2021 – Select 2022 4K and 8K TVs and gaming monitors from Samsung will support the new HDR10+ GAMING standard. HDR10+ GAMING gives developers the tools they need to provide gamers with a consistent HDR gaming experience without the need for manual calibration.
News categories: Samsung, NVIDIA, Seokwoo Yong, Vijay Sharma, Todd Hollenshead, Digital TV, Gaming, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
UniversCiné rolled out on Samsung TV Plus with Amagi
Dec 8, 2021 – Amagi has announced that UniversCiné is partnering with Amagi for the launch and playout of its channel to Samsung TV Plus. Amagi enabled the roll out of UniversCiné's channel using its cloud playout platform, Amagi CLOUDPORT.
News categories: Amagi, UniversCiné, Srinivasan KA, Romain Dubois, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Smart TV, Streaming
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope