Digital TV News: Samsung
Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
Sep 28, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, global FAST revenues will reach $17 billion in 2029, up from $8 billion in 2023. The US will contribute 38% to the 2029 total, down from 56% in 2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
Sep 26, 2023 – Pixalate has released its H1 2023 EMEA Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Report, an analysis of open programmatic CTV advertising through the first half of 2023 in the EMEA region.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
Sep 25, 2023 – According to IDC, 4.5 million TVs were shipped to India in 1H23, up 8% YoY. Sales by e-tailers, new launches/model refreshes and clearing of old inventory fueled the growth.
News categories: IDC, Upasana Joshi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
Sep 19, 2023 – Worldwide augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) headset shipments declined for the fourth quarter in a row as volumes fell 44.6% YoY during the second quarter of 2023, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
Sep 18, 2023 – According to Mediavision, as many as 75% of the Nordic households now have a TV set connected to the internet, with 70% of households having a paid streaming service.
News categories: Mediavision, Fredrik Liljeqvist, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
Sep 14, 2023 – Pixalate has introduced the Apple TV CTV Trends Report Q2 2023, analyzing Apple TV's position in the CTV device landscape and the open programmatic advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
FreeTV launched, powered by Redge Media
Sep 14, 2023 – FreeTV is now available in Israel with more than 50 live channels and tens of thousands of VOD assets. FreeTV operates as an end-to-end deployment on the Redge Media platform.
News categories: Redge Media, FreeTV, Andrzej Nowak, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Streaming
Wiztivi offers app development framework in SaaS format
Sep 11, 2023 – Wiztivi has extended its development Framework to a SaaS format, enabling developers to write code once and natively render it across all major TV, mobile, web and game console platforms.
News categories: Wiztivi, Adhish Kulkarni, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data