Digital TV News: Selevision
Eutelsat 7/8°W reaching over 56 million TV homes in the MENA region
Nov 14, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has presented the results of a survey on TV trends across the Middle East and North Africa. Satellite TV reception in the MENA region has continued to increase its market-share and now reaches into 59 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Selevision chooses Voddler Group to optimise OTT Q-of-E
Jan 17, 2017 – Voddler Group has been selected by Selevision to optimise the subscriber’s streaming experience. Selevision provides broadcast and online channels direct to consumers under several brands from its bases in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
News categories: Voddler, Selevision, Adam Lewis, Dr Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Saudi Arabia, Streaming, UAE
Verimatrix secures Selevision entertainment service
Mar 1, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Selevision has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid to provide revenue security for its Seevii OTT/IPTV entertainment service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Selevision, Steve Oetegenn, Ammar Al Hares, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming, UAE
du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
Jan 21, 2015 – du and Akamai have announced that Selevision has selected the companies’ content delivery services to support over-the-top delivery of its channels throughout the MENA region. du will provide CDN services from Akamai to Selevision.
News categories: Akamai, 'du', Selevision, Soeren Lindkvist, Fahad Al Hassawi, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Content Distribution, Saudi Arabia, Streaming
Arabsat and Selevision to launch HbbTV
Sep 12, 2014 – Selevision and Arabsat have announced that they have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver the first Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service in the Middle East &North Africa region.
News categories: Arabsat, Selevision, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Khalid Balkhyour, Digital TV, HbbTV, Jordan, Satellite, Spain, Streaming, UAE
Batelco Announces Launch of TV Over Broadband in Bahrain
Sep 18, 2011 – Batelco has announced that IPTV will soon be available for broadband customers. Batelco subscribers who are residents of Reef Island are able to sign up for IPTV today. Batelco will deliver IPTV in partnership with Selevision.
News categories: Selevision, Batelco, Bahrain, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Selevision Chooses Irdeto to Bring Interactive TV to the Middle East
Mar 8, 2010 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that middleware and interactive TV technology provider Selevision has selected Irdeto's middleware solution and conditional access system (CAS) for its new High Definition Personal Video Recorders (HD PVRs).
News categories: Irdeto, Selevision, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product