Digital TV News: Sense
Ad Insertion Platform and Veset create combined solution for ingest, SSAI and playout
Jun 14, 2022 – Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) and Veset are partnering to provide a way to deliver ad-supported video content to multiple platforms. With the solution, video providers can originate and monetize linear channels, with graphics, interactivity and personalization.
News categories: Ad Insertion Platform, Veset, Laurent Potesta, Igor Krol, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Americans adopting ad-supported streaming at faster rate than subscription-based services
Jun 14, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced that AVOD services are seeing adoption at a faster rate than SVOD services, with a 29% increase in U.S. households streaming AVODs in 2022 compared to 2020 vs a 21% increase during the same period for SVODs.
News categories: Comscore, James Muldrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
May 18, 2022 – 3SS and ContentWise have announcd that they intend to transform UX personalization possibilities through the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to the benefit of service providers and their subscribers alike.
News categories: 3SS, ContentWise, Tomasz Dzikowski, Paolo Romano, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Wowza launches Wowza Video integrated video platform
Apr 19, 2022 – Wowza Media Systems has launched Wowza Video. With the launch, Wowza bolsters its live streaming technology with VOD functionality — synthesizing all the essential video capabilities that today’s businesses require.
News categories: Wowza, David Stubenvoll, Jon Duncan, Patrick Freeman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Samsung unveils 2022 MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs
Jan 3, 2022 – Samsung has unveiled its newest MICRO LED, Neo QLED and Lifestyle TVs, with advancements in picture and sound quality, more screen size options, customizable accessories and an upgraded interface, ahead of CES 2022.
News categories: Samsung, Simon Sung, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Amlogic and Skyworth create Netflix-ready RDK set-top box platform
Dec 3, 2021 – Amlogic and Skyworth Digital have announced that they have been selected as partners for the Da Vinci Netflix-on-RDK scaling program. Skyworth’s RDK platfrorm is a UHD IP-set top, running on an Amlogic S905X4 chipset.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
OTT subscriptions to overtake DTH in Australia and New Zealand by 2026
Oct 5, 2021 – According to Dataxis, OTT subscriptions in Australia and New Zealand will overtake DTH by 2026. DTH subscriptions will however still account for more than 40% and 66% of total subscriptions respectively in the two countries.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
HBO Max expands European rollout plans
Oct 5, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will launch in 27 territories during the initial phase of its European rollout, going live in seven new countries in 2022 in addition to the 20 territories already confirmed.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Christina Sulebakk, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Streaming, Turkey
Smart Speaker shipments surged to record levels in 2Q 2021
Sep 14, 2021 – The smart speaker market in calendar Q2 2021 surged to new heights as consumers and brands adapt to the ongoing pandemic, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Jack Narcotta, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK