Digital TV News: Sense
TCL introduces 5-Series and 6-Series TVs with Google TV
Aug 10, 2021 – TCL has announced pricing and availability of the first TCL TV lines with Google TV across its premium and high-performance 5- and 6-Series, enhancing its portfolio of award-winning televisions.
News categories: TCL, Chris Larson, Android TV, Digital TV, North America, Smart TV
Accedo powers Sensical streaming service for kids
Aug 3, 2021 – Accedo has announced its continued partnership with Common Sense Networks to deliver and evolve Sensical, an OTT service with carefully curated and vetted videos for kids ages 2 to 10.
News categories: Accedo, Common Sense Networks, Mrugesh Desai, Eric Berger, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Extreme Reach releases Q1 2021 Video Benchmarks Report
May 18, 2021 – Extreme Reach (ER) has released the findings of its Video Benchmarks Report with data from Q1 2021. The report includes ad performance data for impressions served from its AdBridge platform to CTV, desktop, and mobile devices.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Mary Vestewig, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
May 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS Australia & New Zealand has announced that its streaming service, Paramount+, will launch in Australia on August 11, 2021. Priced at $8.99 per month, subscribers will have access to more than 20,000 episodes and movies.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
Apr 7, 2021 – According to Strategy Analytics, 8K TV adoption will begin to build momentum over the next few years, reaching 72 million households by 2025. North America will be the leading region with close to 25 million households owning at least one 8K TV set.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Edouard Bouffenie, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
Apr 6, 2021 – According to ABI Research, online video and gaming markets reached US$330 billion in 2020 - households stacked streaming video subscriptions, driving revenues to over US$69 billion, and gaming saw YoY growth of over 22%.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
Mar 2, 2021 – ANGA COM, scheduled for June, will be postponed to next year due to the pandemic. A new virtual event format, ANGA COM DIGITAL, will be held from 8 to 10 June 2021, at the originally planned show date.
News categories: ANGA COM, Dr. Peter Charissé, ANGA COM, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
Mar 2, 2021 – OSN is to use TVbeat's TV SaaS Framework services, in a step that will strengthen OSN’s position as a data-driven network and enable it to better address shifting viewership behaviour and trends in the MENA region.
News categories: TVbeat, OSN, Abbas D. Tahzib, Devrim Melek, Big Data, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
Feb 25, 2021 – Oregan Networks has announced the completion of an Android TV development project for Megacable. Oregan took responsibility for firmware integration, certification and quality assurance of the final commercial product.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert Arriola, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community