Digital TV News: Silicon & Software Systems (S3)
Microsoft Selects S3 as Mediaroom IPTV Set-Top Box Testing Partner
Sep 8, 2009 – S3 has been selected as a Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Mediaroom testing partner to provide set-top-box (STB) testing services. S3 will undertake testing work for OEMs to test new and derivative STB models for deployment by Mediaroom customers.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Microsoft, Paul Kavanagh, Steve Koepp, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Irdeto Selects S3's StormTest to Automate Testing of End-To-End Conditional Access System
May 27, 2009 – S3 has announced that Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has selected their StormTest product to support the development and testing of their Conditional Access (CA) system. StormTest is a set-top box (STB) automated test and analysis system.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Irdeto, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Set Top Box
BSkyB Licences S3's StormTest to Automate Testing of its Set-Top Boxes
May 27, 2009 – S3 has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has licensed its StormTest product in order to automate testing of its Set-Top Boxes (STB). StormTest is a STB test and analysis system. The StormTest product is now available for general release globally.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, BSkyB, ANGA COM, Satellite, Set Top Box
S3's Advanced Set-Top Box Development Endorsed by STMicroelectronics
May 23, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is promoting the coLinkTV™ software product for OpenTV Core 2.0 advanced STB development.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Garmin licenses S3's onHandTV Mobile TV Software
Mar 31, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that their onHandTV™ Mobile TV software has been licensed by Garmin, the global leader in portable satellite navigation.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Garmin, Digital TV, In-Car, Italy, Middleware, Mobile
MultiChoice Licenses onHandTV from S3
Jan 15, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that leading Pay-TV operator MultiChoice has licensed S3's onHandTV™ Software Development Kit (SDK) for DVB-H to further develop their interactive Mobile Broadcast TV services.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, MultiChoice, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, South Africa
S3 Demonstrates Software Solutions on Latest High-End STi7200 Device at CES 2008
Jan 7, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) will be demonstrating software solutions running on the latest high-end, feature-rich STi7200 device at the STMicroelectronics suite at CES 2008.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, STMicroelectronics, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
S3 and Nagravision Deliver Pre-Integrated Software To Pay TV Operators and STB Manufacturers
Sep 8, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that it signed an agreement with Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, to provide highly integrated software solutions to the pay TV operator and Set-Top Box (STB) manufacturer markets.
News categories: Nagravision, Silicon & Software Systems (S3), Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Software
S3, Sofia Digital and O2 collaborate to implement platform independent Mobile TV applications
Sep 3, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) and Sofia Digital have announced the delivery of a proof-of-concept Java Mobile TV client to O2 based on the proposed JSR 272 Mobile Broadcast Standard. The solution will be demonstrated later this week at IBC.
News categories: Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Mobile
- Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
- TiVo selects Pindrop voice authentication
- Comscore to offer cross-platform movie measurement
- Sales of Smart TVs up 20% in Germany in 2020
- RTL AdConnect and smartclip team up on addressable advertising
- TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- WarnerMedia taps Alpha Networks to power UX for Toonami Max
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers