Digital TV News: Sky Deutschland
ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
Oct 3, 2022 – ContentBay has launched its global entertainment database, providing a way to explore, analyse, compare, share, and trade content, simply and securely.
News categories: ContentBay, Oliver Skelton, Dr Holger Enßlin, Christian Unterseer, Mike Jackson, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
RT-RK and iWedia partner on OTT application development for the car
Sep 7, 2022 – RT-RK and iWedia have announced a joint offer for OTT application development for the car. The solution is built on iWedia's media player together with RT-RK's know-how in DRM, ABR streaming, and Android Automotive OS system integration.
News categories: RT-RK, iWedia, Milenko Beric, Hans-Jürgen Désor, Digital TV, IBC2022, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Pay TV and paid video content continue to grow in Germany
Jul 20, 2022 – The market for pay TV and paid video content is continuing to grow not just in Germany, but also in Austria and Switzerland. This is confirmed by a report published by VAUNET, the German Media Association.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Hannes Heyelmann, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
Jul 27, 2021 – The market for pay TV and paid video ion Germany continues to show highly-dynamic growth according to VAUNET. Revenues generated by pay TV und paid VoD reached a total volume of 4.2 billion euros in 2020.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Tim Werner, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Nieslony, Hannes Heyelmann, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming
Sky Deutschland, Vodafone and LiveU test 5G's live sports capabilities
Feb 3, 2021 – LiveU has played a central role in a 5G test with Sky Deutschland and Vodafone, showing the possibilities for live sports provided by the integrated workflow. The test also highlighted 5G network slicing capabilities.
News categories: LiveU, Sky Deutschland, Vodafone, Zion Eilam, Alessandro Reitano, 5G, Digital TV, Germany
More and more Germans taking pay TV and VOD subscriptions
Jul 21, 2020 – According to VAUNET the number of pay-TV subscribers in Germany rose to 8 million in 2019 (2018: 7.8 million), with SVoD consumers numbering 13.4 million in the final quarter (Q4 2018: 6.9 mill.).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Katharina Behrends, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Tewes, Tim Werner, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
Jun 18, 2019 – MX1 has agreed a service agreement extension with Sky Deutschland. In particular, the scope of MX1’s contingency service will be expanded to include Sky Deutschland's over-the-top (OTT) signals as well as its main broadcasts.
News categories: MX1, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
May 23, 2019 – One year after the launch of Sky Q by Sky Deutschland, the company has added a Sky Q Mini Box for multiroom viewing and expanded platform support for the Sky Q app, so that customers can enjoy their Sky programming on even more devices at home.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Julia Laukemann, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sky Deutschland selects Witbe for Ultra HD/4K STB video analysis
Sep 6, 2018 – Witbe has been selected by Sky Deutschland to automate the analysis and testing of their Sky set-top-boxes. Witbe Robots will support Sky to provide the best video Quality of Experience to its customers.
News categories: Witbe, Sky Deutschland, Marie-Véronique Lacaze, Stefan Kastl, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management