Digital TV News: Telenor Satellite
Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer to merge
Oct 22, 2019 – Telenor Group and Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) have announced the formation of a company that combines Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer (satellite pay-TV and broadband-TV operations) to create a Nordic TV distribution business.
News categories: Telenor, NENT Group, Jørgen C. Arentz Rostrup, Bjørn Ivar Moen, Anders Jensen, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Norway, Satellite, Sweden
UPC DTH extends agreement with Telenor Satellite for 1°W
May 9, 2017 – Telenor Satellite has announced that it has extended its satellite distribution agreement with UPC DTH. Telenor will continue to provide UPC DTH with satellite capacity on its THOR 5, THOR 6 and THOR 7 satellites.
News categories: UPC DTH, Telenor Satellite, Michael Lee, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Thor 7 DTH satellite installed at 1°W
Jun 22, 2015 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced that THOR 7, which was successfully launched into geostationary transfer orbit on board an Ariane 5 launcher on April 26, 2015, has now completed its in-orbit testing and reached its final orbital location at 1° West.
News categories: Telenor Satellite Broadcasting, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Thor 7 satellite arrives in French Guiana
Feb 23, 2015 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced that its THOR 7 satellite has arrived safely at the Guiana Spaceport in Kourou. THOR 7 is now set to start its final preparations before its launch by Arianespace, scheduled for mid-April 2015.
News categories: Telenor Satellite Broadcasting, Arianespace, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
'the W1' satellite TV launches in Bulgaria
Mar 14, 2013 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced the signing of a satellite transmission agreement with Neterra, a new direct-to-home (DTH), white-label, shared platform, called 'the W1', that offers pay-tv services in Bulgaria.
News categories: Telenor, Neterra, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite
MYtv® Selects Intelsat Capacity for its DTH Launch in the Ukraine
Nov 10, 2009 – Intelsat has announced that MYtv has chosen Intelsat for a multi-year capacity contract to deliver its MYtv DTH platform to subscribers throughout the Ukraine over the Thor 6 satellite located at 1°W.
News categories: Intelsat, MYtv, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Satellite, Ukraine
RCS & RDS Contracts Intelsat Capacity at 1Âº West for Its Expansion
Sep 4, 2008 – Intelsat has announced that Romania Cable Systems and Romania Data Systems S.A. (RCS & RDS) has signed an expansion contract for capacity at 1Âº West. The additional capacity will be used to offer a larger DTH bouquet for RCS & RDS' DigiTV service.
News categories: Intelsat, RCS & RDS, DigiTV, IBC, Romania, Satellite
Moldova's first DTH operator broadcasts from 1 degree west
Apr 22, 2008 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced that is has signed a contract with Focus-Sat SRL to supply capacity and services for Moldova's first DTH operator.
News categories: Telenor, Digital TV, Moldova, Satellite
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor