Digital TV News: Telenor Satellite
Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer to merge
Oct 22, 2019 – Telenor Group and Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) have announced the formation of a company that combines Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer (satellite pay-TV and broadband-TV operations) to create a Nordic TV distribution business.
News categories: Telenor, NENT Group, Jørgen C. Arentz Rostrup, Bjørn Ivar Moen, Anders Jensen, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Norway, Satellite, Sweden
UPC DTH extends agreement with Telenor Satellite for 1°W
May 9, 2017 – Telenor Satellite has announced that it has extended its satellite distribution agreement with UPC DTH. Telenor will continue to provide UPC DTH with satellite capacity on its THOR 5, THOR 6 and THOR 7 satellites.
News categories: UPC DTH, Telenor Satellite, Michael Lee, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Thor 7 DTH satellite installed at 1°W
Jun 22, 2015 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced that THOR 7, which was successfully launched into geostationary transfer orbit on board an Ariane 5 launcher on April 26, 2015, has now completed its in-orbit testing and reached its final orbital location at 1° West.
News categories: Telenor Satellite Broadcasting, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Thor 7 satellite arrives in French Guiana
Feb 23, 2015 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced that its THOR 7 satellite has arrived safely at the Guiana Spaceport in Kourou. THOR 7 is now set to start its final preparations before its launch by Arianespace, scheduled for mid-April 2015.
News categories: Telenor Satellite Broadcasting, Arianespace, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
'the W1' satellite TV launches in Bulgaria
Mar 14, 2013 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced the signing of a satellite transmission agreement with Neterra, a new direct-to-home (DTH), white-label, shared platform, called 'the W1', that offers pay-tv services in Bulgaria.
News categories: Telenor, Neterra, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Satellite
MYtv® Selects Intelsat Capacity for its DTH Launch in the Ukraine
Nov 10, 2009 – Intelsat has announced that MYtv has chosen Intelsat for a multi-year capacity contract to deliver its MYtv DTH platform to subscribers throughout the Ukraine over the Thor 6 satellite located at 1°W.
News categories: Intelsat, MYtv, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Satellite, Ukraine
RCS & RDS Contracts Intelsat Capacity at 1Âº West for Its Expansion
Sep 4, 2008 – Intelsat has announced that Romania Cable Systems and Romania Data Systems S.A. (RCS & RDS) has signed an expansion contract for capacity at 1Âº West. The additional capacity will be used to offer a larger DTH bouquet for RCS & RDS' DigiTV service.
News categories: Intelsat, RCS & RDS, DigiTV, IBC2023, Romania, Satellite
Moldova's first DTH operator broadcasts from 1 degree west
Apr 22, 2008 – Telenor Satellite Broadcasting (TSBc) has announced that is has signed a contract with Focus-Sat SRL to supply capacity and services for Moldova's first DTH operator.
News categories: Telenor, Digital TV, Moldova, Satellite
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond