Digital TV News: The Cable Show
ViXS Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
Jun 5, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX:VXS) has reported its first quarter fiscal 2015 results for the period ended April 30, 2014. ViXS reported Q1FY15 revenue of $7.4 million, total comprehensive loss of $5.1 million and non-IFRS net loss of $4.5 million.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon gaining traction in connected home technology market
May 1, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced new research showing Amazon has made significant gains in the OTT video market as nearly 20% of all U.S. broadband households now have an Amazon Prime Instant Video subscription.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Vodafone selects Edgeware for FTTH video delivery in the Netherlands
Apr 30, 2014 – Edgeware has announced that Vodafone NL has deployed Edgeware´s Distributed Video Delivery Networks (D-VDN) Solution to deliver the Vodafone Thuis service to its Dutch fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) subscribers.
News categories: Edgeware, Vodafone, Ruud van den Oosterkamp, Joachim Roos, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Netherlands
Entropic ships more than 5 million chipsets for HD-DTAs in North America
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has shipped more than five million set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for North American cable operator HD-DTAs (High-Definition Digital Transport Adapters).
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Cable TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Pace 'Elements' middleware now RDK-compliant
Apr 30, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its Elements middleware now has full RDK compatibility. Elements is based on open source components and supports the design, delivery and management of digital content and services into and around the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Steve Heeb, Jonathan Cobb, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Entropic STB SoCs complete Conax certification
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has completed the integration of the Conax conditional access core module into its advanced line of multimedia set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) products.
News categories: Entropic, Conax, Hans Kwaaitaal, Matt Rhodes, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor demonstrates industry’s first 4Kp60 set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH) has announced the availability of world’s first 'high-frame-rate' 4Kp60 (60 frames per second) Set Top Box, which will be showcased during The Cable Show.
News categories: Technicolor, Michel Rahier, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Minerva demonstrates RDK-compliant solution for TV services over cable
Apr 29, 2014 – Minerva Networks has demonstrated a complete IP/QAM solution for the delivery of multiscreen television services to RDK gateways and connected consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Eric Freund, Mukul Krishna, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, RDK, USA
RVU Alliance launches certification program for 4K devices
Apr 29, 2014 – The RVU Alliance has announced the launch of the RVU Certification program for Ultra High Definition devices, along with an expansion of the RVU membership roster.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Henry Derovanessian, Gateway, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data