Digital TV News: The Guardian
XITE partners with Brand Metrics for CTV measurement
Jun 14, 2023 – Brand Metrics has announced that its measurement methodology will be applied to XITE's CTV campaigns to provide advertisers with evidence of campaign effectiveness.
News categories: Brand Metrics, XITE, Anders Lithner, Robby Kraai, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Guardian-branded FAST channel launches on Rakuten TV
Mar 10, 2022 – A Guardian-branded FAST channel has launched on Rakuten TV, giving audiences in the UK and across Europe the opportunity to enjoy a range of Guardian documentaries and video journalism content, as part of a new partnership.
News categories: The Guardian, Rakuten TV, Robert Hahn, Christian Bennett, Cedric Dufour, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, UK
Viaplay to launch in the U.S. on December 15
Dec 13, 2021 – Nordic streaming service Viaplay will launch in the US on December 15th. The service will initially be available on Comcast's entertainment devices, including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and the recently announced XClass TV.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Technicolor Experience Center for immersive media opens
Jul 28, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the opening of the Technicolor Experience Center. The center is tasked with developing content, platforms and technology for virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and other immersive media applications.
News categories: Technicolor, Digital TV, Metaverse, USA, Worldwide
Amazon announces Amazon Video Direct
May 10, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced an enhancement to Amazon Video: introducing Amazon Video Direct (AVD), a self-service program for creators and storytellers to make their video content available to Amazon customers.
News categories: Amazon, Jim Freeman, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Mobile, Streaming, UK, USA
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023