Digital TV News: UHD Alliance
Technicolor is first with UHD Alliance-compliant content services
Dec 10, 2015 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that following the UHD Alliance completion of specifications for Ultra HD displays and content, that it is accelerating content production that is compliant with those specifications.
News categories: Technicolor, UHD Alliance, Mark Turner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
UHD Alliance completes Ultra HD specifications
Dec 8, 2015 – The UHD Alliance (UHDA) has announced the completion of premium specifications for 4K Ultra HD displays, content and distribution. The UHDA will announce details of the specifications and a certification logo at CES 2016.
News categories: UHD Alliance, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDR TV shipments to exceed 32 million in 2019
Oct 20, 2015 – High dynamic range (HDR) TV sets, offering enhanced brightness for a broader palette of light outputs and sparkling highlights, will soon be commonplace in the global ultra-high-definition (UHD) TV market, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
CEA defines 'HDR Compatible' displays
Aug 27, 2015 – The CEA has announced the industry definition for high dynamic range (HDR) compatible video displays. HDR is a new capability that promises to deliver an expansive range of brightness and shadow detail, further enhancing the viewing experience.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
May 15, 2015 – ABI Research expects that by 2020 nearly 70% of UHD TVs will support new technologies and enhancements like HDR, wider color gamut, high frame rates, and immersive audio. This could prove too conservative if a lower tier of UHD TVs does not persist as currently anticipated.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor offers HDR grading services and software licensing
Apr 13, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it will support content creators in the transition to next generation video technology by expanding its color grading service offering to include high dynamic range (HDR) grading for movies, TV shows and commercials.
News categories: Technicolor, Autodesk, Blackmagic Design, Vince Pizzica, Marc Stevens, Grant Petty, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, NABShow, USA
Panasonic shows next generation Blu-ray disc player prototype at CES 2015
Jan 5, 2015 – Panasonic has announced that it has developed the world's first Blu-ray Disc™ player supporting technologies such as 4K and High Dynamic Range, which are expected to be adopted in the next generation Blu-ray Disc standard (ULTRA HD BLU-RAY™).
News categories: Panasonic, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Japan, Worldwide
Alliance formed to establish standards for UHD content and devices
Jan 5, 2015 – Hollywood studios, CE brands, content distributors, post-production and technology companies have together announced the launch of the UHD Alliance – a coalition of companies aiming to establish standards to support innovation in video technologies.
News categories: Samsung, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros, Hyunsuk Kim, Mike Dunn, Ron Sanders, CES2023, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media