Digital TV News: V-Nova
Realtek adds MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC support to STB SoCs with V-Nova
Sep 13, 2023 – Realtek and V-Nova have announced support for MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC in Realtek STB SoCs. This makes Realtek the first chipset provider to offer support for LCEVC.
News categories: Realtek, V-Nova, Yee-Wei Huang, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases LCEVC video IPs and compliance streams
Aug 31, 2023 – Allegro DVT has launched a complete range of MPEG-5 LCEVC products comprising LCEVC compliance streams and LCEVC hardware decoder and encoder video IPs (D301 and E301).
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, QoE, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches world’s first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder silicon IP
Apr 4, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its D301, the first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder IP solution, allowing SoC/ASIC vendors to offer solutions compatible with the format.
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Silicon IP, Worldwide
V-Nova and Globo show benefits of MPEG-5 LCEVC at 2023 Carnival in Brazil
Mar 1, 2023 – V-Nova has collaborated with Globo Mediatech Lab in the delivery of an LCEVC-enhanced stream for the 2023 Carnival in Brazil to demonstrate the benefits of MPEG-5 LCEVC in live streaming applications.
News categories: V-Nova, MainConcept, Globo, Guido Meardi, Deacon Johnson, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
Dec 8, 2022 – Allegro DVT and V-Nova have partnered to accelerate the availability of LCEVC-enabled solutions. The two companies will collaborate to make available both compliance test streams and proven video IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
V-Nova releases LCEVC Native Development Kit for video SoCs and ASICs
Sep 12, 2022 – V-Nova as announced the availability of V-Nova LCEVC Native Development Kit (NDK) to accelerate the implementation and deployment of MPEG-5 LCEVC encoding and decoding on video systems-on-chip and dedicated ASICs.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Silicon IP, Worldwide
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Worldwide
V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
Jul 26, 2021 – Video and image data compression company, V-Nova, has announced that thanks to Neva First, the alternative investment fund managed by Neva SGR, V-Nova has completed its series C round, raising a total of €33 million.
News categories: V-Nova, Intesa Sanpaolo, Guido Meardi, Mario Costantini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Venture Capital, Worldwide
V-Nova announces LCEVC licensing terms
May 20, 2021 – V-Nova has announced licensing terms for V-Nova LCEVC. V-Nova LCEVC is an implementation of MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC, the codec-agnostic ISO/IEC enhancement standard capable of providing up to 40% lower bitrates than codecs used natively.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data