Digital TV News: V-Nova
V-Nova announces the completion of MPEG-5 LCEVC
Nov 2, 2020 – V-Nova has announced that MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC has been promoted to an MPEG/ISO final draft international standard. LCEVC enhances the compression performance of any base video codec and offers improved picture quality at up to 40% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, LCEVC, Guido Meardi, Luis Vicente, Karam Malhotra, Dr Nadine Hachach-Haram, Fathi Albatie, Thomas Kramer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
Aug 4, 2020 – V-Nova and NETINT Technologies have announced a collaborative roadmap that accelerates V-Nova LCEVC’s market deployment while further improving the performance of NETINT’s encoding technology.
News categories: V-Nova, NETINT Technologies, Guido Meardi, Tao Zhong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
V-Nova implements MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) as part of its P+ SDK
Aug 29, 2019 – V-Nova has announced the 3rd generation of its portfolio of video distribution enhancement technologies, called P+ (previously PERSEUS Plus). P+ incorporates fully optimized encoding and decoding for the upcoming MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) standard.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
V-Nova launches PERSEUS cloud-based transcoding and delivery
Apr 2, 2019 – V-Nova has announced the launch of a cloud-based SaaS transcoding and delivery platform for enhanced PERSEUS Plus h.264 and native h.264 encoding. The platform enables the rapid launch of services offering 50% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
V-Nova and Xilinx launch PERSEUS transcoder and accelerator
Mar 21, 2019 – V-Nova and Xilinx (NASDAQ: XLNX) have announced the availability of PERSEUS XSA, a plug-and-play encoding accelerator for existing live or VOD encoding pipelines and PERSEUS XDE, a native encoding solution running entirely on FPGA.
News categories: V-Nova, Xilinx, Guido Meardi, Sean Gardner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Telestream video streaming supports V-Nova PERSEUS Plus codec
Nov 8, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that its PERSEUS Plus codec will be supported by Telestream’s Lightspeed Live video streaming system, which is used by numerous major operators and video service providers worldwide.
News categories: V-Nova, Telestream, Guido Meardi, Scott Murray, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
V-Nova secures investment from Novator Partners
Oct 18, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that it has secured a multi-million pound investment to drive further growth across the business. The firm will expand its R&D teams and its commercial functions to accelerate its market penetration.
News categories: V-Nova, Novator Partners, Guido Meardi, Thor Björgólfsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Venture Capital, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021