Digital TV News: V-Nova
V-Nova releases LCEVC Native Development Kit for video SoCs and ASICs
Sep 12, 2022 – V-Nova as announced the availability of V-Nova LCEVC Native Development Kit (NDK) to accelerate the implementation and deployment of MPEG-5 LCEVC encoding and decoding on video systems-on-chip and dedicated ASICs.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Silicon IP, Worldwide
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
Jul 26, 2021 – Video and image data compression company, V-Nova, has announced that thanks to Neva First, the alternative investment fund managed by Neva SGR, V-Nova has completed its series C round, raising a total of €33 million.
News categories: V-Nova, Intesa Sanpaolo, Guido Meardi, Mario Costantini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Venture Capital, Worldwide
V-Nova announces LCEVC licensing terms
May 20, 2021 – V-Nova has announced licensing terms for V-Nova LCEVC. V-Nova LCEVC is an implementation of MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC, the codec-agnostic ISO/IEC enhancement standard capable of providing up to 40% lower bitrates than codecs used natively.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Worldwide
V-Nova announces the completion of MPEG-5 LCEVC
Nov 2, 2020 – V-Nova has announced that MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC has been promoted to an MPEG/ISO final draft international standard. LCEVC enhances the compression performance of any base video codec and offers improved picture quality at up to 40% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, LCEVC, Guido Meardi, Luis Vicente, Karam Malhotra, Dr Nadine Hachach-Haram, Fathi Albatie, Thomas Kramer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
Aug 4, 2020 – V-Nova and NETINT Technologies have announced a collaborative roadmap that accelerates V-Nova LCEVC’s market deployment while further improving the performance of NETINT’s encoding technology.
News categories: V-Nova, NETINT Technologies, Guido Meardi, Tao Zhong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
V-Nova implements MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) as part of its P+ SDK
Aug 29, 2019 – V-Nova has announced the 3rd generation of its portfolio of video distribution enhancement technologies, called P+ (previously PERSEUS Plus). P+ incorporates fully optimized encoding and decoding for the upcoming MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) standard.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management