Digital TV News: V-Nova
V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
Jul 26, 2021 – Video and image data compression company, V-Nova, has announced that thanks to Neva First, the alternative investment fund managed by Neva SGR, V-Nova has completed its series C round, raising a total of €33 million.
News categories: V-Nova, Intesa Sanpaolo, Guido Meardi, Mario Costantini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Venture Capital, Worldwide
V-Nova announces LCEVC licensing terms
May 20, 2021 – V-Nova has announced licensing terms for V-Nova LCEVC. V-Nova LCEVC is an implementation of MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC, the codec-agnostic ISO/IEC enhancement standard capable of providing up to 40% lower bitrates than codecs used natively.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Worldwide
V-Nova announces the completion of MPEG-5 LCEVC
Nov 2, 2020 – V-Nova has announced that MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC has been promoted to an MPEG/ISO final draft international standard. LCEVC enhances the compression performance of any base video codec and offers improved picture quality at up to 40% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, LCEVC, Guido Meardi, Luis Vicente, Karam Malhotra, Dr Nadine Hachach-Haram, Fathi Albatie, Thomas Kramer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
Aug 4, 2020 – V-Nova and NETINT Technologies have announced a collaborative roadmap that accelerates V-Nova LCEVC’s market deployment while further improving the performance of NETINT’s encoding technology.
News categories: V-Nova, NETINT Technologies, Guido Meardi, Tao Zhong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
V-Nova partners with Simplestream for Pan-African streaming service MVMO
Sep 11, 2019 – V-Nova is the key enabler for a streaming service, MVMO, due to launch in Africa in late 2019. The service will combine the V-Nova P+ codec-agnostic enhancement with Simplestream's streaming platform to deliver content throughout the continent.
News categories: V-Nova, Simplestream, Creative Africa Exchange, Guido Meardi, Dan Finch, Sandra Iyawa, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
V-Nova implements MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) as part of its P+ SDK
Aug 29, 2019 – V-Nova has announced the 3rd generation of its portfolio of video distribution enhancement technologies, called P+ (previously PERSEUS Plus). P+ incorporates fully optimized encoding and decoding for the upcoming MPEG-5 Part 2 (LCEVC) standard.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
V-Nova launches PERSEUS cloud-based transcoding and delivery
Apr 2, 2019 – V-Nova has announced the launch of a cloud-based SaaS transcoding and delivery platform for enhanced PERSEUS Plus h.264 and native h.264 encoding. The platform enables the rapid launch of services offering 50% lower bitrates.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
V-Nova and Xilinx launch PERSEUS transcoder and accelerator
Mar 21, 2019 – V-Nova and Xilinx (NASDAQ: XLNX) have announced the availability of PERSEUS XSA, a plug-and-play encoding accelerator for existing live or VOD encoding pipelines and PERSEUS XDE, a native encoding solution running entirely on FPGA.
News categories: V-Nova, Xilinx, Guido Meardi, Sean Gardner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats