Digital TV News: Videa
Videa announces spot television industry’s first open data exchange APIs
Sep 24, 2019 – Videa has made available free, transparent, TIP-based API specifications helping to pave the way for programmatic transactions and software integrations. The APIs include specifications for inventory, RFPs, proposals, orders, makegoods and pre and post logs.
News categories: Videa, Shereta Williams, Rob Weisbord, Dave Villano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Videa launches forecasted ratings tool
Jul 24, 2019 – Videa has launched a forecasted ratings tool that brings faster, more efficient and statistically accurate forecasts to its end-to-end solution. The technology picks up viewership patterns and infer future ratings from the patterns.
News categories: Videa, Shereta Williams, Mary Barnas, Alan Wolk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
Apr 24, 2019 – Red Bee Media has entered into an agreement with Videa. Videa's platform includes machine learning based TV ad forecasting algorithms. To optimize its algorithmic data services offering, Videa will include textual metadata from Red Bee Media.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Videa, Chris Stark SR, Brett Adamczyk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Videa research connects adaptability to staying relevant in TV
Apr 2, 2019 – Videa has released the results of a survey yielding insightful perspectives from more than two hundred marketing and advertising professionals with six or more years of experience in the TV advertising and buying industry.
News categories: Videa, Mary Barnas, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Videa platform integrates Comscore TV Data
Jan 23, 2019 – Videa has announced that it will use Comscore TV data within its automation platform. The addition of Comscore TV data grants media buyers and sellers access to Comscore campaign measurement insights within the Videa platform.
News categories: Videa, Comscore, Mary Barnas, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
Jan 17, 2019 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Cox Media Group have announced a renewal agreement for television and audio measurement services. The agreement covers all Cox Media Group's local television and radio stations as well as CoxReps and Videa.
News categories: Nielsen, Cox Media Group, Megan Clarken, Kim Guthrie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Google joins the Streaming Video Alliance
May 10, 2018 – The Streaming Video Alliance, an industry forum solving challenges to improve the video experience, has announced at its Annual Meeting that Google has joined as its newest member.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Viacom, Google, Jason Thibeault, Glenn Goldstein, Alec Hendry, Content Distribution, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
4KUNIVERSE selects Accedo for 4K SVOD on Amazon Fire TV
Mar 21, 2017 – 4KUNIVERSE has announced the launch of its 4K Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) service on Amazon Fire TV, created and powered by Accedo. 4KUNIVERSE offers Ultra HD TV series, movies, documentaries and sports.
News categories: Accedo, 4KUNIVERSE, David George, Matthew Mancinelli, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, UX
Videantis Announces Support for WebM Project and VP8 Codec
May 21, 2010 – videantis has announced that the WebM project and the open source VP8 video codec released by Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) will be supported on the videantis v-MPx programmable processor platform.
News categories: videantis, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023