Digital TV News: WHUT
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
Synamedia participating in Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative
Dec 21, 2021 – Synamedia has announced its participation in the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative bringing ATSC 3.0 to Washington, D.C. The Collaborative was established by Pearl TV in coordination with Howard University.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Elke Hungenaer, Dave Folsom, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LTN Global, with Pearl TV and WHUT, powers NEXTGEN TV in Washington DC
Dec 16, 2021 – LTN Global has announced that it has worked closely with Howard University’s WHUT and the Pearl TV consortium to support the launch of the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative project in Washington D.C.
News categories: LTN Global, Pearl TV, WHUT, Malik Khan, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
Jun 24, 2021 – NAB has collaborated with Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, and Fincons Group to create a NEXTGEN TV application that allows students without internet access to participate in home learning.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Fincons Group, Howard University, WHUT, Sam Matheny, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Kathryn Procope, Sean Plater, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Open Mobile Video Coalition Launching Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Q1 2010
Jan 5, 2010 – A real-world showcase to gauge consumer interest in Mobile Digital Television will begin in the Washington, D.C. area in the first quarter of 2010, with eight local area television stations transmitting to hundreds of mobile devices.
News categories: OMVC, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, USA
Washington, D.C. to be Mobile Television Consumer Showcase
Apr 20, 2009 – At the 2009 NAB Show, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that Washington, D.C. has been selected as a product showcase market for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022