Digital TV News: Walt Disney
Disney and Charter agree distribution deal for Disney linear and D2C services
Sep 11, 2023 – Disney (NYSE: DIS) and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced a distribution agreement, allowing the restoration of most Disney networks and stations for Spectrum customers.
News categories: Disney, Charter, Robert A. Iger, Chris Winfrey, Cable TV, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Brightcove launches ad monetization service for media companies
Mar 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has launched Brightcove Ad Monetization, enabling media companies to better monetize their live and VOD content with improved yield optimization.
News categories: Brightcove, Marc DeBevoise, David Beck, Michael Dorf, Advertising, Digital TV, Worldwide
Disney reports earnings for quarter ended December 31, 2022
Feb 8, 2023 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported earnings for its first quarter ended December 31, 2022. D2C revenues for the quarter increased 13% to $5.3 billion and operating loss increased $0.5 billion to $1.1 billion.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Disney+ now available via Ziggo
Dec 12, 2022 – VodafoneZiggo has announced that all films, series and documentaries from streaming service Disney+ are now available via Ziggo. Ziggo customers can find the Disney+ app in their Mediabox Next and Next Mini menus.
News categories: VodafoneZiggo, Disney, Robin Kroes, Bart Verhoeven, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
Dec 8, 2022 – Disney+ has made its ad-supported subscription offering available in the U.S. New subscription plans with ads across the Disney Bundle and Hulu + Live TV packages are also now available.
News categories: Disney, Disney Advertising, Michael Paull, Rita Ferro, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Disney adds 57 million D2C subscribers in year to October 1, 2022
Nov 8, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for the period ended October 1, 2022. Direct-to-Consumer revenues for the quarter increased 8% to $4.9 billion and operating loss increased $0.8 billion to $1.5 billion.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
Aug 2, 2022 – Foxtel and Disney have announced an agreement to integrate the Disney+ app on the STBs of Foxtel subscribers, boosting Foxtel's streaming aggregation strategy and bringing together the world's best content all in one place.
News categories: Foxtel, Disney, Amanda Laing, Kylie Watson-Wheeler, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Disney+ now available on webOS LG TVs in more countries
Jun 14, 2022 – The Disney+ app is now available on LG TVs in over forty new countries and territories across Africa, Europe and the Middle East. More LG TV owners can now enjoy Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star, as long as their TV runs webOS from 2017 or later.
News categories: LG Electronics, Disney Plus, Africa, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming
Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
May 22, 2022 – Bezeq has reported that its subsidiary DBS Satellite Services (1998) Ltd. ('yes') has signed an agreement with the Walt Disney Group to distribute Disney+ in Israel for a period of three years.
News categories: Bezeq, Walt Disney, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Streaming
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data