Digital TV News: Warner Bros. Discovery
Amagi to distribute CJ ENM content to OTT platforms in the USA
Feb 27, 2023 – CJ ENM has chosen Amagi to distribute its content to OTT platforms in the U.S., including Peacock and The Roku Channel. The partnership leverages Amagi's CLOUDPORT technology for channel creation and distribution.
News categories: Amagi, CJ ENM, Srinivasan KA, Jang-Ho Seo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
Feb 7, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ:MGNI) has announced Magnite Streaming. Magnite Streaming empowers media owners to maximize the value of their assets across live and VOD inventory, CTV and OTT, and addressable linear.
News categories: Magnite, Sean Buckley, Evan Adlman, Andrew Tint, Travis Hockersmith, Jill Steinhauser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
Jan 31, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Warner Bros. Discovery have inked a deal to bring Warner Bros. branded FAST channels to The Roku Channel. The channels will arrive on The Roku Channel in spring 2023.
News categories: Roku, Warner Bros. Discovery, Rob Holmes, David Decker, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
Jan 24, 2023 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published its annual report on key AV players in Europe. SVOD stands out as the most concentrated market segment, with the top 3 OTT platforms accounting for 71% of subscriptions.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
Jan 25, 2023 – MTV and Sanoma Media have signed a contract with dataBreeders to bring advertising measurement and currency to market, unifying campaign measurement across all broadcast platforms in Finland.
News categories: Screenforce, dataBreeders, Pure X Media, Anna Lujanen, Andrea Mezzasalma, Advertising, Digital TV, Finland
Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
Jan 23, 2023 – Fabric has acquired Internet Video Archive (IVA). The acquisition enables Fabric to provide greater value by instantly matching titles to IVA's library, and enabling the sharing of data across Fabric customers.
News categories: Fabric, Internet Video Archive, Rob Delf, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
discovery+ now available at no extra charge to Sky TV subscribers
Jan 16, 2023 – Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream customers can now sign up for discovery+ as part of their monthly Sky TV subscription. The discovery+ app is easy to find via the Apps rail on Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q.
News categories: Sky, Warner Bros. Discovery, Elizabeth Wynn, Antonio Ruiz, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
U.S. programmers cooperate on measurement and viewership data through OpenAP
Jan 9, 2023 – OpenAP, with Fox, NBCUniversal, Paramount, TelevisaUnivision, and Warner Bros. Discovery and the VAB, are working together to develop a measurement certification process and a unified streaming viewership dataset.
News categories: OpenAP, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
VideoAmp and Warner Bros. Discovery agree audience measurement deal
Jan 3, 2023 – VideoAmp has struck a deal with Warner Bros. Discovery to measure cross-screen campaigns across the global media and entertainment company's portfolio of sports, news, lifestyle, and premium entertainment brands.
News categories: VideoAmp, Warner Bros. Discovery, Ross McCray, Andrea Zapata, Ralph Pardo, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media