Digital TV News: Xiaomi
Smart TV share in India’s TV market at record 89% in Q1 2022
Jun 7, 2022 – The Smart TV share in India's overall TV market grew 33% YoY in Q1 2022 to reach its highest ever at 89%, according to Counterpoint. Xiaomi led the smart TV market during the quarter with a 14.3% share, followed by Samsung at 13.1%.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Record Smart TV shipments in India in 2021
Mar 3, 2022 – India's TV shipments grew 48% YoY in Q4 2021 and 24% YoY in 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The smart TV market grew even faster at 55% YoY in 2021 and 65% YoY in Q4 2021 to reach its highest ever shipments for a calendar year.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
THEMA partners with Amagi for worldwide FAST distribution
Feb 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced that THEMA, a leading independent distributor of Pay TV channels to cable, IPTV, DTH operators, has formed a partnership agreement with Amagi to distribute channels across FAST platforms around the globe.
News categories: Amagi, THEMA, Srinivasan Ka, Sylvie Michel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
Jan 17, 2022 – Amagi has announced that Video Solutions AG has partnered with it to launch, distribute and monetize two AVOD channels – one in Germany and one in UK - on Samsung TV Plus, LG, Phillips, TCL, and Xiaomi.
News categories: Amagi, Video Solutions AG, Srinivasan KA, Chris Sharp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming, UK
Another record quarter for Smart Speakers in 3Q21
Dec 20, 2021 – The effects of the global component shortage have worked their way into the smart speaker supply chain, impacting Chinese vendors more acutely than others, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Jack Narcotta, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
Nov 22, 2021 – Quarterly TV shipment for 3Q21 reached 52.51 million units, representing an 8.3% QoQ increase but a 14.7% YoY decrease, according to TrendForce. Demand for TVs was constrained by the increase in various country’s vaccination rates as well as rising retail prices for TV sets.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Xiaomi's linear TV service goes global with Amagi
Nov 2, 2021 – Amagi has partnered with Xiaomi to manage and monetize its linear TV and VOD offerings for mobile and connected TV consumers in multiple countries. The content would be part of Xiaomi's direct-to-consumer app.
News categories: Amagi, Xiaomi, Srinivasan KA, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Record YoY growth for India's Smart TV market in Q2
Sep 17, 2021 – India's TV shipments grew 46% YoY in Q2 2021, according to Counterpoint Research. The post-pandemic economic improvement, aided by active retail channels fulfilling the pent-up demand, was the key reason for the growth.
News categories: Counterpoint Research, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Smart Speaker shipments surged to record levels in 2Q 2021
Sep 14, 2021 – The smart speaker market in calendar Q2 2021 surged to new heights as consumers and brands adapt to the ongoing pandemic, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Jack Narcotta, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform