Digital TV News: Yahoo!
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
DistroScale enters streaming TV space with free live, linear and VOD service
Feb 4, 2019 – DistroScale is launching DistroTV, a streaming OTT service for globally-minded viewers in the US, Canada and UK with a broad range of live, linear and VOD formats. DistroTV is free to consumers and is available via Apple iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.
News categories: DistroScale, DistroTV, Navdeep Saini, Teresa Kirilova, Juan Solera, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming, UK, USA
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
PlayOn Cloud app allows Netflix, HBO NOW, Amazon Video recording
Nov 10, 2016 – MediaMall Technologies has launched its PlayOn Cloud service and iOS app, which allows users to record movies and TV shows from streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu and HBO NOW for offline viewing on an iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac.
News categories: PlayOn, Jeff Lawrence, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Yahoo introduces Yahoo View in partnership with Hulu
Aug 8, 2016 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) has announced the launch of Yahoo View, a site where viewers can watch episodes of TV shows and go beyond the episode with clips, recaps and the best of Tumblr fandom. Yahoo View is an extension of Yahoo's distribution partnership with Hulu.
News categories: Yahoo!, Hulu, Jess Lee, Phil Lynch, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
55% of U.S. OTT services are subscription-only
Jul 19, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced new data showing that 55% of OTT services in the U.S. have a subscription-only business model, such as Netflix or Hulu. In Canada, 50% of OTT services offer subscription-only services.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Ruby-Ren Bond, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Yahoo! to kill Smart TV product
Feb 2, 2016 – Yahoo! (YHOO) has announced a strategic plan to simplify the company. As part of the plan, Yahoo will exit some legacy products, including Smart TV which has not met growth expectations.
News categories: Yahoo!, Digital TV, Smart TV
Parks Associates reveals top 10 OTT S-VOD services in the U.S.
Nov 17, 2015 – Parks Associates has revealed the top ten U.S. subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services based on number of subscribers, with Netflix as the top subscriber service and three of the ten services on the list focused on sports content.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Industry leaders announce Streaming Video Alliance
Nov 14, 2014 – A number of companies have announced their intention to form the Streaming Video Alliance. The Alliance will facilitate the creation of architecture, standards and best practices that will scale the infrastructure for online video.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy