Digital TV News: Yahoo!
Amagi to power Crackle Plus linear channels on FAST platforms
Nov 9, 2020 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) has announced a collaboration between Crackle Plus and Amagi to power the linear channel experience for Crackle, Popcornflix and other channels on a growing list of Free Ad-Supported TV (FAST) platforms.
News categories: Crackle Plus, Amagi, Philippe Guelton, Srinivasan KA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
DistroScale enters streaming TV space with free live, linear and VOD service
Feb 4, 2019 – DistroScale is launching DistroTV, a streaming OTT service for globally-minded viewers in the US, Canada and UK with a broad range of live, linear and VOD formats. DistroTV is free to consumers and is available via Apple iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV and Roku.
News categories: DistroScale, DistroTV, Navdeep Saini, Teresa Kirilova, Juan Solera, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, UK, USA
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, OTT, USA
PlayOn Cloud app allows Netflix, HBO NOW, Amazon Video recording
Nov 10, 2016 – MediaMall Technologies has launched its PlayOn Cloud service and iOS app, which allows users to record movies and TV shows from streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu and HBO NOW for offline viewing on an iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac.
News categories: PlayOn, Jeff Lawrence, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Yahoo introduces Yahoo View in partnership with Hulu
Aug 8, 2016 – Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) has announced the launch of Yahoo View, a site where viewers can watch episodes of TV shows and go beyond the episode with clips, recaps and the best of Tumblr fandom. Yahoo View is an extension of Yahoo's distribution partnership with Hulu.
News categories: Yahoo!, Hulu, Jess Lee, Phil Lynch, Digital TV, OTT, USA
55% of U.S. OTT services are subscription-only
Jul 19, 2016 – Parks Associates has announced new data showing that 55% of OTT services in the U.S. have a subscription-only business model, such as Netflix or Hulu. In Canada, 50% of OTT services offer subscription-only services.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Ruby-Ren Bond, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Yahoo! to kill Smart TV product
Feb 2, 2016 – Yahoo! (YHOO) has announced a strategic plan to simplify the company. As part of the plan, Yahoo will exit some legacy products, including Smart TV which has not met growth expectations.
News categories: Yahoo!, Digital TV, Smart TV
Parks Associates reveals top 10 OTT S-VOD services in the U.S.
Nov 17, 2015 – Parks Associates has revealed the top ten U.S. subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services based on number of subscribers, with Netflix as the top subscriber service and three of the ten services on the list focused on sports content.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Industry leaders announce Streaming Video Alliance
Nov 14, 2014 – A number of companies have announced their intention to form the Streaming Video Alliance. The Alliance will facilitate the creation of architecture, standards and best practices that will scale the infrastructure for online video.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5