Digital TV News: You.i TV
WarnerMedia acquires You.i TV
Dec 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia has completed its acquisition of You.i TV. The company’s You.i Engine One platform delivers video apps across mobile, tablet, game consoles, streaming devices, STBs and Smart TVs using a single codebase.
News categories: WarnerMedia, You.i TV, Jason Press, Apps, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
SRG SSR launches Swiss multilingual streaming app with You.i TV
Nov 10, 2020 – You.i TV has announced that their engine is being utilized by the SRG SSR as the underlying technology behind recently launched Play Suisse. Leveraging You.i Engine One, a small team of developers was ready for launch within just 9 months.
News categories: You.i TV, SRG SSR, Jason Flick, Michaël De Lucia, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Switzerland
MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
Sep 17, 2020 – You.i TV has launched a new generation of its You.i Engine One product, with MediaKind as an initial deployment partner. With You.i Engine One 6.0, MediaKind's customers will be able to offer more engaging user experiences.
News categories: You.i TV, MediaKind, Jason Flick, Allen Broome, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
Oct 10, 2019 – Network 10 has announced a partnership with You.i TV for its broadcast video on-demand app, 10 Play. The plan is to standardise the 10 Play app user experience across video streaming platforms and unlock new ad formats, beyond pre and mid-roll ads.
News categories: Network 10, You.i TV, Liz Baldwin, Rod Prosser, Jason Flick, Advertising, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming
Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
May 15, 2019 – Redbox has selected You.i TV to develop an improved user experience for the Redbox On Demand service, starting with its most popular platform, Roku. The new application is the first in market to be developed for Roku using the React Native development framework.
News categories: You.i TV, Redbox, Andrew Emmons, Lowell Bike, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Sky participates in You.i TV Series C funding round
May 9, 2019 – Sky has invested in You.i TV. The investment is part of the larger You.i TV Series C funding announced in November 2018, and displays Sky’s commitment to backing innovative companies that help connect consumers to content they want to watch.
News categories: You.i TV, NOW TV, Sky, Jason Flick, David Beazley, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
You.i TV adds $23m in growth capital
Nov 13, 2018 – You.i TV has announced the closing of a USD $23M in growth capital led by Causeway Media Partners, joined by the Company’s early backers WarnerMedia, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, and Vistara Capital Partners.
News categories: You.i TV, Causeway Media Partners, Jason Flick, Stuart Russell, Bob Higgins, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
true[X] and You.i TV join forces to streamline OTT advertising
Sep 5, 2018 – You.i TV and true [X] have announced that true[X] will integrate You.i TV's designer workflow and interactive ad user experience production process. The resulting You.i TV-powered true[X] ads will be available for integration into any premium publisher app.
News categories: true [X], You.i TV, Joshua Rangsikitpho, Jason Flick, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
A+E Networks first with You.i TV's React Native app framework
May 2, 2018 – A+E Networks has chosen You.i TV as the enabling technology to extend its popular HISTORY TVE app to TV-connected devices. You.i TV’s video experience platform, You.i Engine One, will power the app, based on the React Native development platform.
News categories: You.i TV, A+E Networks, Jason Flick, Raj Bahl, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers