Digital TV News: YouTube TV
WOW! launches WOW! tv+ in Columbus, Ohio
Mar 3, 2020 – WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) has introduced WOW! tv+ in Columbus, Ohio. The Android TV-based platform delivers on customer expectations with live channel packages, cloud DVR, and access to an on demand library.
News categories: WOW!, Teresa Elder, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost nearly 5 million subscribers in 2019
Mar 3, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 4,915,000 net video subscribers in 2019, compared to a pro forma loss of about 1,585,000 subscribers in 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research Group, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. SVOD subscriptions to grow by 108 million to 2025
Mar 2, 2020 – The number of U.S. SVOD subscriptions will climb from 199 million in 2019 to 307 million by 2025, according to Digital TV Research. The average SVOD household will pay for 3.28 SVOD platforms by 2025; up from 2.28 at end-2019.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
Feb 25, 2020 – In partnership with fuboTV, Philo, Sling TV and YouTube TV, WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) is helping customers cut the cord with a free Amazon Fire TV Stick, allowing them to access the streaming services over WOW!’s broadband HSD network.
News categories: WOW!, Teresa Elder, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
Feb 24, 2020 – Windstream has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will provide its customers with a streaming solution for both live and on-demand content. Customers can connect with either a Smart TV or a streaming device connected to the Kinetic Internet service.
News categories: Windstream, YouTube TV, Jeff Small, OTT, USA
Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
Jan 15, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will allow Cincinnati Bell and Hawaiian Telcom customers to stream content via Cincinnati Bell's fiber network. YouTube TV offers live TV that can be watched on any screen.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, YouTube TV, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, USA
Verizon offers à la carte Internet and TV
Jan 9, 2020 – Verizon has unveiled a new way to provide Internet and TV with Mix & Match on Fios. Customers can now mix Internet and TV plans to match their needs. Mix & Match on Fios offers flexible pricing and no annual contract.
News categories: Verizon, Frank Boulben, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 13, 2019 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 1,740,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Streaming eclipses traditional TV among U.S. adult streamers
Sep 25, 2019 – The share of U.S. adult TV viewers who stream at least some of their TV content has plateaued at around 65%, according to Horowitz Research. Among the 2 in 3 adult Americans who stream, however, there is a growing reliance on streamed content.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Adriana Waterston, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform