Digital TV News: Zodiac Interactive
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2021, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Two-in-five Pay TV households to have STB apps by 2019
Feb 28, 2014 – In 2013 ABI Research estimates one out of every ten pay TV households had access to applications on the set-top box. By 2019 nearly 40% of pay TV households should have access to similar services and features.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics outlines product portfolio for US cable
Jan 3, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced its product offering for the US cable market including all of the ingredients required from broadband access to Ultra HD multi-screen video processing and home connectivity.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Zodiac's EBIF Plays With Everyone
Jan 18, 2010 – Zodiac Interactive has announced that its EBIF (Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format) player is successfully operating using applications from multiple vendors and development environments within the cable iTV ecosystem.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Zodiac and ADB Integrate Tru2way™ Technology
Mar 23, 2009 – Zodiac Interactive and Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) have announced the integration of PowerUp™TV with ADB's products. The combined solution lets operators more rapidly deploy tru2way™ and EBIF™ applications.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Zodiac Interactive, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Zodiac Interactive and Alticast Team on Tru2way™ Technology
Jan 26, 2009 – Zodiac Interactive and Alticast have announced that they will bundle Zodiac PowerUp™ for tru2way technology with Alticast AltiCaptor™. The combined solution will enable MSOs to deliver interactive services and applications and advanced VOD.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Alticast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Zodiac Interactive Announces EBIF Players for Tru2way™ and PowerTV
Dec 16, 2008 – Zodiac Interactive has announced the release of an ETV/EBIF™ (Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format) player for PowerTV and the tru2way™.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Ensequence, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Zodiac Releases PowerRamp, High-performance, Small Footprint Java Middleware for Legacy Set-Tops
Apr 30, 2007 – Zodiac Interactive, an Emmy Award winning developer of iTV applications, games and services-oriented middleware for cable, satellite and IPTV, has announced the availability of its Java Middleware solution, PowerRamp™.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Software
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV