Digital TV News: Zuku
Azuri announces 'always on' PAYG solar TV for Kenya
Nov 4, 2020 – Azuri Technologies has announced its latest generation of PayGo solar powered TV, the TV400. The product combines a solar power system with a 32" TV, allowing all day viewing as well as for at least 10 hours at night.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Smart TV
Falcon Media House streaming integrated with Media Nucleus billing platform
Jul 14, 2017 – A partnership between Falcon Media House and Media Nucleus will enable Falcon Media House to offer an OTT platform to medium and large size broadcasters with a potential reach of 250 million users in India, as well as parts of its content portfolio to service providers in the region.
News categories: Falcon Media House, Media Nucleus, Quiptel, Gert Rieder, Bhaskar Majumdar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Streaming
AzuriTV offers solar powered PAYG satellite TV package in Kenya
Dec 5, 2016 – Azuri Technologies and Zuku have launched the first integrated PAYG satellite TV offering for rural off-grid consumers in sub Saharan Africa. AzuriTV combines solar home power, TV, satellite dish and Zuku Smart+ entertainment in one complete package.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Zuku, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Jay Chudasama, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
Africa Pay TV subscribers to reach 30 million in 2021
Aug 9, 2016 – Pay TV subscribers in Africa will reach 30 million by 2021, up from 16 million in 2015, according to Dataxis. Digital satellite pay TV subscribers are expected to be 20 million in 2021 compared to 8 million for DTT.
News categories: Dataxis, Priscilla Tirvengadum, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Zambian pay TV revenues to rise with advent of new DTT bouquet
Jul 24, 2015 – The Zambian Pay-TV market saw subscriber revenues total approximately $21.13 million in 2014, growing in value by 121% since 2008. Dataxis forecasts that revenues will grow to $53.26 million by end-2018 with DTT taking an increasing proportion of the total.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Zambia
Verimatrix to secure Wananchi OTT services
May 19, 2014 – Verimatrix has extended its partnership with the Wananchi Group to secure the revenues of Zuku TV across DTH satellite, digital cable and IP-over-GPON networks, and later this year via over-the-top video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Wananchi, Richard Alden, Steve Oetegenn, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Kenya, Streaming
Zuku estimated to have 172,000 subscribers at end-2013
May 7, 2014 – A new report published by Dataxis estimates that Zuku, the East African pay-TV platfom, had a total of 130,000 DTH subscribers across three markets at the end of 2013 plus a further 42,000 cable TV subscribers in Kenya.
News categories: Dataxis, Wananchi, IPTV, Kenya, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda
Wananchi takes Zuku TV to Malawi
Apr 1, 2014 – Wananchi Group has confirmed plans to venture into Malawi by launching Zuku TV as part of its strategy to grow its TV operations.
News categories: Wananchi, Richard Alden, Digital TV, Malawi, Satellite
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December