Digital TV News: t-broad
Humax supplying Android TV UHD STBs to T-Broad
Jan 2, 2020 – Humax has announced that it is supplying UHD set-top boxes based on Android TV to T-Broad, South Korea’s largest cable TV operator. The box is an IP hybrid model supporting DOCSIS 3.0 and includes middleware and CA for cable broadcasting.
News categories: Humax, T-Broad, Jeff Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
t-broad uses Alticast cloud technology to enable UX virtualization
May 7, 2019 – Alticast has announced that t-broad has launched Alticast’s cloud-based, user interface (UI) virtualization solution, Apex - Hybrid as part of their next-generation service. This is the first time that an operating partner of Alticast has launch Apex in its hybrid form.
News categories: Alticast, t-broad, Dosa Park, Sukmin Ahn, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Korea, Set Top Box
SK Broadband signs merger contract with t-broad
Apr 26, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that its subsidiary SK Broadband and t-broad, a subsidiary of Taekwang Industrial, have signed a merger contract to better respond to the rapid changes in the pay TV market and strengthen their media competitiveness.
News categories: SK Broadband, t-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, MnA
ATEME encodes industry's first 4K cable channel
Apr 29, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Home Choice, a South Korean content aggregator, has selected its TITAN to encode Ultra High Definition (UHD) content in HEVC for the launch of UMAX, the worlds first dedicated 4K channel.
News categories: ATEME, Home Choice, UMAX, Eunsook Wi, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Korea
Humax unveils the world's first HTML5 based smart set-top box
Jul 18, 2013 – Humax has announced that it will supply T-broad with the smart set-top boxes based on HTML5. It is the world's first commercialized HTML5 based product and was developed for Smart Plus, the pay tv service T-broad launched last month.
News categories: Humax, T-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box