Digital TV News: ABI Research
Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
Sep 29, 2022 – Set-top box (STB) shipments continued to decline in 2021, according to ABI Research. Subdued demand will result in a contraction of global annual STB shipments from 203.1 million in 2022 to 195.2 million in 2025.
News categories: ABI Research, Andrew Spivey, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Over 5.5bn Matter-compliant Smart Home devices to ship between 2022 and 2030
Feb 8, 2022 – Between 2022 and the end of the decade, more than 5.5 billion Matter-compliant smart home devices will ship. The specification is expected to dominate the smart home landscape within five years, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Global VR revenues to exceed $56 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to ABI Research, steady growth in both enterprise and consumer VR over the next 5 years will lead to 50.1 million VR Head-Mounted Display shipments (a 42% CAGR) and more than $56bn in revenues in 2026.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
5G FWA to exceed 58 million subscriptions in 2026
Aug 11, 2021 – According to ABI Research, 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) will be the fastest-growing residential broadband segment increasing at a CAGR of 71% to exceed 58 million subscribers by 2026.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
5G mobile, smartphone accessory, and VR HMD shipments to grow rapidly in 2021
Jun 3, 2021 – According to ABI Research, most consumer devices and services, especially 5G smartphones, accessories, and VR Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs), will remain healthy in terms of shipments in 2021.
News categories: ABI Research, Eleftheria Kouri, 5G, Market Research, Metaverse, Smartphone, Worldwide
COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
Apr 6, 2021 – According to ABI Research, online video and gaming markets reached US$330 billion in 2020 - households stacked streaming video subscriptions, driving revenues to over US$69 billion, and gaming saw YoY growth of over 22%.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Consumer device market set for meteoric post-pandemic growth
Mar 17, 2021 – According to ABI Research, devices supporting UWB connectivity will ship 286 million units in 2021, 1.15 billion 5G smartphones will ship in 2025, and wearables and true wireless headsets will see explosive growth.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, COVID-19, Market Research, Worldwide
36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
Nov 18, 2020 – Shipments of vehicles with Android Automotive-based IVI systems will surpass shipments of cars with QNX-based systems in 2027, and with AGL-based systems in 2029, to reach 36 million units in 2030, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Maite Bazerra, James Hodgson, Stuart Carlaw, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Middleware
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.