Digital TV News: AMC Networks
AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
May 5, 2022 – AMC Networks (NASDAQ: AMCX) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2022. The company ended the quarter with 9.5 million paid streaming subscribers, representing Q1 net additions of 431,000.
News categories: AMC Networks, Matt Blank, Chris Spade, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
AppLovin to acquire Wurl
Feb 28, 2022 – AppLovin (NASDAQ: APP) has concluded an agreement to acquire Wurl. The transaction is valued at approximately $430 million. The acquisition will extend AppLovin’s software platform capabilities into the CTV market.
News categories: AppLovin, Wurl, Adam Foroughi, Sean Doherty Sr, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA
AMC, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia go with Canoe for addressable TV advertising
Feb 23, 2022 – AMC Networks, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision and WarnerMedia have each teamed up with Canoe Ventures for addressable TV advertising. Canoe will provide enablement and campaign assurance across its national addressable TV advertising footprint.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, AMC Networks, Discovery, Inc, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia, Joel Hassell, Evan Adlman, Steve Silvestri, Seema Patel, JP Colaco, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Brightcove acquires Wicket Labs
Feb 2, 2022 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has acquired Wicket Labs. With the acquisition, Brightcove customers will have access to content and subscriber insights to make data-driven decisions to improve subscriber acquisition, conversions, engagement, and retention.
News categories: Brightcove, Wicket Labs, Namita Dhallan, Marty Roberts, Sylvia George, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
Xandr launches Monetize TV audience-based ad sales platform
Aug 4, 2021 – Xandr has launched Monetize TV. Monetize TV's self-serve technology provides TV sellers with comprehensive monetization tools, demand enablement and, in the future, converged video solutions.
News categories: Xandr, Mark Mitchell, Steve Silvestri, Larry Hunt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
605 provides attribution for Canoe addressable campaigns with AMC
Jul 7, 2021 – 605 has announced that it is the first to provide attribution services for participants in the Canoe Addressable enablement initiative. The first company to use 605 attribution tools will be AMC Networks.
News categories: 605, AMC Networks, Caroline Horner, Kim Kelleher, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
VIZIO announces first certified OAR technology partners
Jul 1, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) has announced that LTN, Beachfront, FreeWheel, INVIDI, Google, Adcuratio and Extreme Reach are compliant with Open Addressable Ready (OAR) specifications and are certified to enable OAR campaigns.
News categories: VIZIO, Zeev Neumeier, Malik Khan, Ben Abbatiello, Stefan Maris, Bruce Anderson, Peentoo Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
Jun 9, 2021 – VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) now has more than 11.2 million addressable TVs in the U.S. capable of frame-accurate dynamic ad insertion, representing a significant milestone for the addressable advertising consortium, Project OAR.
News categories: VIZIO, Adam Gaynor, Kristine Bayles, Darren Sherriff, JP Colaco, Steve Silvestri, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.