Digital TV News: Adam Smith
GroupM shares insights on the future of TV and digital video
Nov 1, 2018 – GroupM has released its second annual ‘State of Video’ report offering intelligence on consumer video consumption, advertising platforms and demand. It provides in-depth commentary on key trends concerning advertisers.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Rob Norman, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Time with online media to surpass linear TV in 2018
May 3, 2018 – GroupM has released a report offering intelligence on consumer media consumption and advertising investment trends worldwide. The report focuses on the impact of technology and digital capabilities on consumers and advertisers.
News categories: GroupM, GroupM, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global TV ad investment to grow 2.2% in 2018
Dec 4, 2017 – GroupM has updated its ad investment forecasts for 2017 and 2018. Globally, television investment will grow 0.4% in 2017 and 2.2% in 2018, but TV will lose one share point this year and another next. China’s regulated TV is the headwind.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Kelly Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
GroupM releases State of Video Report
Nov 13, 2017 – GroupM has released its State of Video report offering a look at the business of television and video. It covers consumption trends across generations, emerging business issues and evolving TV industry economics.
News categories: GroupM, Rob Norman, Adam Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA, Worldwide
Simplestream receives £500,000 of additional financing
Oct 5, 2017 – Simplestream has received a £500,000 finance package from Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank to assist with further investment and international expansion. The funding will allow Simplestream to increase sales and development to enhance its international capacity.
News categories: Simplestream, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, Adam Smith, Christopher Kennedy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Mobile, UK, Worldwide
GroupM revises 2017 UK advertising growth forecast down to 4.1% from 7%
Jun 22, 2017 – UK advertising is set to see an eighth successive year of growth in 2017 with a 4.1% increase in spending. The forecast is a downward revision from the 7% growth predicted in November 2016, partly attributed to a generalised drop in TV investment.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Nick Theakstone, Advertising, UK
UK's TVPlayer completes £5M investment round
Oct 3, 2016 – TVPlayer has completed a £5m investment round led by media content company, A+E Networks. TVPlayer is a freemium over-the-top TV service in the UK which offers the country’s free to air channels together with a pay TV bundle.
News categories: TVPlayer, A+E Networks, Adam Smith, Lewis Arthur, Dan Finch, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UK, Venture Capital
Complete Solution for streamed content available to Freeview and Freesat consumers
Aug 31, 2012 – Synapse TV brings together SimpleStream, S&T and Vision21 (V21) to deliver a one-stop solution to integrate over the top internet video into digital broadcasting systems.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, SimpleStream, Vision21, IBC2020, MHEG-5, OTT, UK
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert