Digital TV News: AirTV
AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
Jul 15, 2019 – AirTV has introduced a 4K HDR compatible streaming stick, powered by Android TV. The device integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels into a single user experience, creating a whole-home streaming solution when paired with an OTA antenna and an AirTV Wi-Fi-enabled network tuner.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
AirTV adds dual-tuner capability to its hybrid DTT PVR
Sep 26, 2018 – AirTV has introduced its first dual-tuner capability to AirTV Player. With the new dual-tuner adapter, AirTV Player users can watch one OTA channel while recording another, or record two OTA channels simultaneously through AirTV Player's Local Channels DVR.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, DVR, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Technicolor to build the AirTV Player
Jan 3, 2017 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it was chosen by AirTV to build the AirTV Player, an Android TV streaming device. AirTV Player features built-in advanced Wi-Fi capability, and the ability to integrate free local over-the-air (OTA) channels with popular streaming services.
News categories: Technicolor, AirTV, Luis Martinez-Amago, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
AirTV begins offering 4K Android TV-based streaming player
Jan 3, 2017 – AirTV has begun offering AirTV Player, a 4K Android TV-based streaming device. AirTV Player integrates Netflix, Sling TV, YouTube and thousands of options in the Google Play Store with free local OTA channels. AirTV Player connects to a TV via HDMI.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, USA
Trinidad and Tobago issues RFP for the Provision of Free To Air DTT Services
Aug 13, 2007 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago is inviting applications from interested persons to apply for a concession to provide Free-to-Air Television Broadcasting Services.
News categories: Digital TV, Terrestrial, Trinidad and Tobago, TV Services
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership