Digital TV News: Alvaro Martin
Globosat chooses Harmonic for live UHD football broadcasting
Jul 12, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Globosat, Latin America's largest content and program creator, has selected Harmonic's Ultra HD (UHD) contribution solution for broadcast of the world's largest football tournament, being held in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, Globosat, Alvaro Martin, Roberto Primo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Harmonic powers new broadcast center for SKY Brasil
Aug 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that DTH satellite operator SKY Brasil has deployed a Harmonic software-based video processing solution to deliver linear HD and SD channels in its new broadcast center.
News categories: Harmonic, SKY Brasil, Alvaro Martin, Luis Otavio Marchezetti, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase
Claro Chile to demonstrate Ultra HD with Harmonic
May 12, 2016 – Claro Chile and Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) have announced that they will demonstrate Ultra HD (UHD) delivery via Claro's distribution network. Claro will showcase UHD images, produced and delivered by Harmonic, on Sony UHD TV sets.
News categories: Harmonic, Claro Chile, Alvaro Martin, Mariano Orihuela, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Harmonic headend powers Entel Bolivia DTH service
Oct 28, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that telecommunications operator Entel Bolivia has deployed an integrated headend solution from Harmonic to power its direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) service.
News categories: Harmonic, Entel Bolivia, Alvaro Martin, Emilio Evia, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Harmonic powers multiscreen service of TV Centro América
Apr 1, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV Centro América, a TV Globo affiliate based in Cuiabá, Brazil, has deployed an end-to-end contribution, satellite distribution and reception solution from Harmonic to power its new free-to-air multiscreen service.
News categories: Harmonic, TV Centro América, SDB Comercial, Alvaro Martin, Luis Botelho, Sidnei Brito, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Mexico's Megacable deploys Unified Headend from Harmonic
Apr 23, 2014 – Harmonic (Nasdaq:HLIT) has announced that Megacable, one of the largest cable TV providers in Mexico, has deployed an integrated headend solution from Harmonic to power its cable TV services.
News categories: Harmonic, Megacable, Emerson Sampaio, Alvaro Martin, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mexico
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service