Digital TV News: Barbara Kraus
10% of U.S. broadband households have bought a streaming media device to date in 2014
Dec 2, 2014 – Parks Associates have announced updated streaming media device data showing that 10% of U.S. broadband households purchased one of these devices, either a streaming media player or stick, in the first three quarters of 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, CES2022, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week
Oct 23, 2014 – Research from Parks Associates shows the average U.S. broadband household now watches more than 17 hours of non-linear video per week, compared to 11.5 hours of linear video. Non-linear video is already the majority of TV viewed by consumers aged 18-24.
News categories: Parks Associates, TiVo Inc, Barbara Kraus, Jim Denney, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
64% of U.S. broadband households have Internet-connected CE
Oct 21, 2014 – Parks Associates has found that 64% of U.S. broadband households have an Internet-connected CE and 55% have an OTT service subscription, an area poised for strong growth especially following HBO's announcement that it will launch a stand-alone HBO Go service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Game console primary connected CE device for 28% of US homes
Sep 23, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced research that shows 46% of U.S. broadband households have a game console connected to the Internet and over one-quarter (28%) use the connected gaming console as their primary connected CE device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Seagate launches channel on Roku
Jul 23, 2014 – Seagate (NASDAQ:STX) has announced the addition of the capability to connect Seagate Central personal cloud storage or Seagate Wireless Plus to a Roku streaming player via the Seagate Media Channel app.
News categories: Seagate, Roku, Barbara Kraus, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Roku leads U.S. streaming media player market
Jul 9, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced a report showing that more than 25% of U.S. households will have a streaming media player by 2015, with continued robust sales and new entries such as Amazon Fire TV driving expansion of this connected CE category.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
More US households use Roku than Apple TV or other streaming video media device
Aug 14, 2013 – Parks Associates has announced streaming media and connected TV research showing the number of U.S. broadband households with a streaming video media device, such as a Roku® or an Apple TV, has doubled since 2011, reaching 14% in 2013.
News categories: Parks Associates, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership