Digital TV News: Ben Keen
Synamedia acquires Quortex
Jul 12, 2022 – Synamedia has acquired Quortex, a privately-held cloud video delivery platform provider. With the acquisition, Synamedia adds solutions for content processing, disaster recovery and live events.
News categories: Synamedia, Quortex, Julien Signes, Marc Baillavoine, Ben Keen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
US operators failing to make the most of customer data
Apr 3, 2019 – Paywizard has announced that a study of major US broadcasters, pay-TV operators, Telcos and OTT service providers has revealed that none are currently making the most of their data to more effectively engage customers and prospects.
News categories: Paywizard, Bhavesh Vaghela, Ben Keen, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, USA
European TV operators are failing to use subscriber data
Oct 3, 2018 – Paywizard has announced a study of European TV providers that reveals that all rank customer experience as a top strategic priority but the vast majority are failing to make effective use of subscriber data and analytics to engage consumers.
News categories: Paywizard, Bhavesh Vaghela, Ben Keen, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
Jun 21, 2017 – Digisoft.tv has announced the release of its casting solution, Playmigo. The SaaS and technology platform enables OTT video providers to cast their content to almost any connected TV device without the need to develop and deploy TV apps.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, John Casey, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Brightcove and Accedo launch turnkey OTT solution
Apr 11, 2016 – Brightcove (NASDAQ:BCOV) has announced Brightcove OTT Flow, a turnkey OTT solution. Developed in partnership with Accedo, OTT Flow offers end-to-end technology via a simple, cost effective commercial model.
News categories: Brightcove, Accedo, Anil Jain, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Microsoft Launches New Program to Help IPTV Operators Migrate to Mediaroom From First-Generation Platforms
Sep 12, 2008 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom Migration Program at the IBC2008 conference, a new program to ease the transition for IPTV service providers using other platforms to migrate to Microsoft's solution.
News categories: Microsoft, Ben Huang, Content Distribution, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader