Digital TV News: Ben Keen
Synamedia acquires Quortex
Jul 12, 2022 – Synamedia has acquired Quortex, a privately-held cloud video delivery platform provider. With the acquisition, Synamedia adds solutions for content processing, disaster recovery and live events.
News categories: Synamedia, Quortex, Julien Signes, Marc Baillavoine, Ben Keen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, Worldwide
US operators failing to make the most of customer data
Apr 3, 2019 – Paywizard has announced that a study of major US broadcasters, pay-TV operators, Telcos and OTT service providers has revealed that none are currently making the most of their data to more effectively engage customers and prospects.
News categories: Paywizard, Bhavesh Vaghela, Ben Keen, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, USA
European TV operators are failing to use subscriber data
Oct 3, 2018 – Paywizard has announced a study of European TV providers that reveals that all rank customer experience as a top strategic priority but the vast majority are failing to make effective use of subscriber data and analytics to engage consumers.
News categories: Paywizard, Bhavesh Vaghela, Ben Keen, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
Jun 21, 2017 – Digisoft.tv has announced the release of its casting solution, Playmigo. The SaaS and technology platform enables OTT video providers to cast their content to almost any connected TV device without the need to develop and deploy TV apps.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, John Casey, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Brightcove and Accedo launch turnkey OTT solution
Apr 11, 2016 – Brightcove (NASDAQ:BCOV) has announced Brightcove OTT Flow, a turnkey OTT solution. Developed in partnership with Accedo, OTT Flow offers end-to-end technology via a simple, cost effective commercial model.
News categories: Brightcove, Accedo, Anil Jain, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Microsoft Launches New Program to Help IPTV Operators Migrate to Mediaroom From First-Generation Platforms
Sep 12, 2008 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom Migration Program at the IBC2008 conference, a new program to ease the transition for IPTV service providers using other platforms to migrate to Microsoft's solution.
News categories: Microsoft, Ben Huang, Content Distribution, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars