Digital TV News: Bingyu Xian
Eurofins launches CI Plus 2.0 module testing tool and service
Apr 27, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has worked alongside CAM solution specialists to develop a module test tool designed to test USB Conditional Access Modules (CAM) devices for conformance against CI Plus 2.0 standards.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Xavier Teil, Bingyu Xiang, Erik Gazzoni, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMIT CAM integrates ContentArmor forensic watermarking
Sep 4, 2018 – SMIT has announced support for ContentArmor forensic watermarking in its DVB CI Plus Conditional Access Modules. ContentArmor watermarking is resistant to a wide range of modifications to the content, from simple transcoding to screen capture.
News categories: SMIT, ContentArmor, Bingyu Xiang, Alain Durand, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, Smart TV, Worldwide
StarTimes & SMIT to launch CI Plus 1.3 CAMs for Africa
Jul 10, 2018 – StarTimes, together with SMIT, will launch CI Plus 1.3 Conditional Access Modules (CAMs) with the operator's profile for its African markets. Chipset pairing in the CAMs enhances performance, security, and reliability.
News categories: StarTimes, SMIT, Daniel Ge, Bingyu Xiang, Africa, CAM, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SMIT provides HbbTV CAM for Austria's ORS
Sep 13, 2015 – SMIT has extended its partnership with Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) on its DVB-T2 platform, launching a CAM integrated with HbbTV under the simpliTV brand. The HbbTV1.5 CAM is compatible with Irdeto cardless security.
News categories: SMIT, Österreichische Rundfunksender, Irdeto, Bingyu Xian, Norbert Grill, Austria, CAM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, IBC, Smart TV
SMiT develops CAM for BoomTV services in Macedonia
Jan 15, 2014 – SMiT Corporation (SMiT) is working with BoomTV, a brand name of ONE Telecommunication Skopje, a part of Telekom Slovenije Group, to release a Viaccess CAM for subscribers in Macedonia.
News categories: SMiT Corp, BoomTV, Saso Srbakov, Bingyu Xiang, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way