Digital TV News: Bingyu Xian
Eurofins launches CI Plus 2.0 module testing tool and service
Apr 27, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has worked alongside CAM solution specialists to develop a module test tool designed to test USB Conditional Access Modules (CAM) devices for conformance against CI Plus 2.0 standards.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Xavier Teil, Bingyu Xiang, Erik Gazzoni, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMIT CAM integrates ContentArmor forensic watermarking
Sep 4, 2018 – SMIT has announced support for ContentArmor forensic watermarking in its DVB CI Plus Conditional Access Modules. ContentArmor watermarking is resistant to a wide range of modifications to the content, from simple transcoding to screen capture.
News categories: SMIT, ContentArmor, Bingyu Xiang, Alain Durand, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, Worldwide
StarTimes & SMIT to launch CI Plus 1.3 CAMs for Africa
Jul 10, 2018 – StarTimes, together with SMIT, will launch CI Plus 1.3 Conditional Access Modules (CAMs) with the operator's profile for its African markets. Chipset pairing in the CAMs enhances performance, security, and reliability.
News categories: StarTimes, SMIT, Daniel Ge, Bingyu Xiang, Africa, CAM, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SMIT provides HbbTV CAM for Austria's ORS
Sep 13, 2015 – SMIT has extended its partnership with Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) on its DVB-T2 platform, launching a CAM integrated with HbbTV under the simpliTV brand. The HbbTV1.5 CAM is compatible with Irdeto cardless security.
News categories: SMIT, Österreichische Rundfunksender, Irdeto, Bingyu Xian, Norbert Grill, Austria, CAM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, IBC2022, Smart TV
SMiT develops CAM for BoomTV services in Macedonia
Jan 15, 2014 – SMiT Corporation (SMiT) is working with BoomTV, a brand name of ONE Telecommunication Skopje, a part of Telekom Slovenije Group, to release a Viaccess CAM for subscribers in Macedonia.
News categories: SMiT Corp, BoomTV, Saso Srbakov, Bingyu Xiang, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes