Digital TV News: Bingyu Xian
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SMIT CAM integrates ContentArmor forensic watermarking
Sep 4, 2018 – SMIT has announced support for ContentArmor forensic watermarking in its DVB CI Plus Conditional Access Modules. ContentArmor watermarking is resistant to a wide range of modifications to the content, from simple transcoding to screen capture.
News categories: SMIT, ContentArmor, Bingyu Xiang, Alain Durand, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
StarTimes & SMIT to launch CI Plus 1.3 CAMs for Africa
Jul 10, 2018 – StarTimes, together with SMIT, will launch CI Plus 1.3 Conditional Access Modules (CAMs) with the operator's profile for its African markets. Chipset pairing in the CAMs enhances performance, security, and reliability.
News categories: StarTimes, SMIT, Daniel Ge, Bingyu Xiang, Africa, CAM, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SMIT provides HbbTV CAM for Austria's ORS
Sep 13, 2015 – SMIT has extended its partnership with Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) on its DVB-T2 platform, launching a CAM integrated with HbbTV under the simpliTV brand. The HbbTV1.5 CAM is compatible with Irdeto cardless security.
News categories: SMIT, Österreichische Rundfunksender, Irdeto, Bingyu Xian, Norbert Grill, Austria, CAM, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV
SMiT develops CAM for BoomTV services in Macedonia
Jan 15, 2014 – SMiT Corporation (SMiT) is working with BoomTV, a brand name of ONE Telecommunication Skopje, a part of Telekom Slovenije Group, to release a Viaccess CAM for subscribers in Macedonia.
News categories: SMiT Corp, BoomTV, Saso Srbakov, Bingyu Xiang, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France