Digital TV News: Bob Chapek
116 million paid subscribers for Disney+ on July 3
Aug 12, 2021 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported results for its quarter ended July 3, 2021. Disney ended the quarter with a total of nearly 174 million subscriptions across its Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu direct-to-consumer services.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Disney+ passes 100 million subscriber milestone
Mar 9, 2021 – Disney+ has surpassed 100 million global paid subscribers in just 16 months. Since its U.S. launch in November 2019, Disney+ has added Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and Singapore.
News categories: Walt Disney, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Disney surpasses 137 million subscriptions for its D2C services
Dec 11, 2020 – The Walt Disney Company has revealed the next steps in its global streaming expansion with details on the future of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, a first look at its upcoming global brand, Star, and previews of new content.
News categories: Disney, Bob Chapek, Bob Iger, Christine McCarthy, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
U.S. Home Entertainment Spending Hits $20 Billion
Jan 7, 2010 – The home entertainment market remained stable in 2009. Blu-ray Disc products were the bright spot of the industry with annual software sales and rental transactions hitting $1.5 billion for the first time.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Canada, CES2022, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
DEG Releases Third Quarter U.S. Home Entertainment Results
Oct 19, 2009 – DEG has released third quarter U.S. sales figures for the home entertainment industry. Blu-ray Disc software sales continue to show dramatic growth with overall sales up 83 percent for the year and playback devices in 11.7 million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
3D to be incorporated into the Blu-ray Disc format
Sep 1, 2009 – The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) has announced its plans for incorporating 3D into the widely successful Blu-ray Disc format.
News categories: Blu-ray Disc Association, Blu-ray, Digital TV, VR
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community