Digital TV News: CBS
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
Univision signs up to Project OAR
Feb 2, 2021 – Univision has announced that it has joined Project OAR, the consortium of American media companies created to establish a common technology for dynamic, addressable advertising management for TV.
News categories: Univision, Project OAR, Donna Speciale, Adam Gaynor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
Jan 19, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has announced launch dates for Paramount+. The rollout starts on March 4, 2021 in the U.S. and Latin America. CBS All Access in Canada will be rebranded to Paramount+ on the same date.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
Jan 14, 2021 – ViacomCBS and DISH Media have announced an industry breakthrough by delivering the first-ever addressable impressions within a live national broadcast via MVPD set-top box.
News categories: ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio, Mike Dean, Tim Myers, Harish Narasimhan, Advertising, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
OpenAP launches Supply-Side Platform for linear TV inventory
Jan 11, 2021 – OpenAP has launched a supply-side platform (SSP) that gives advertisers access to available linear inventory from TV publishers. The launch enables buying of advanced TV across premium viewing environments.
News categories: OpenAP, Omnicom, David Levy, Matthew Kramer, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
OTT TV and video subscriptions to reach 2 billion by 2025
Jan 4, 2021 – A report by Juniper Research has found that there will be nearly 2 billion active subscriptions to on-demand video services in 2025; a 65% increase over the end of 2020.
News categories: Juniper Research, Nick Hunt, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Seattle becomes latest large market to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 16, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Seattle, Washington, including KOMO-TV (ABC), KIRO-TV (CBS), KCPQ (FOX), KING-TV (NBC), KONG (Ind.), KZJO (MyNet), and KUNS-TV (Univision), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitPath, Dan York, Richard Friedel, Mark Aitken, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV providers testing NEXTGEN TV over cable TV infrastructure
Dec 15, 2020 – Broadcasters supporting the Phoenix Model Market project for NEXTGEN TV, along with Pearl TV, have begun testing of NEXTGEN TV over limited cable infrastructure, in cooperation with Comcast.
News categories: Pearl TV, Comcast, Anne Schelle, Jerry Parkins, ATSC 3, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Comcast to launch Disney+ and ESPN+ on Xfinity
Dec 10, 2020 – Comcast and The Walt Disney Company have announced that they have reached an agreement that includes the rights for Comcast to distribute the Disney+ and ESPN+ services on its Xfinity X1 and Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, Disney, Rebecca Heap, Michael Paull, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- Wowza Media Systems integrates EZDRM DRM-as-a-Service
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution